Point to Point

Awesome trail. I came across this trail looking for a place to get a decent long run in. Had just a bit of everything from paved rolling road to soft single track. A few tough climbs but short enough to keep motivated to go on. I would also plan on your feet getting wet. It had rained the day before I arrived but there was still a good amount of creek crossings and marshy areas to navigate. And oh yeah about 3000’ of elevation gain.
I ran the entire out and back and my GPS put me at 26.1 miles. Do pay attention to the yellow Goodwin Trail markers, they are hard to spot in the changing autumn colors. I ran right past a few of them but I can’t complain about it, there were plenty of markers, missing them was my own fault.
Lastly, parts of the single track trail are very hard to navigate due to the amount of leaves that had fallen, the entire forest floor looked like a mix of reds and yellows, which does hide the rocks and roots that I call ankle breakers. Keep your head up (or down) and you’ll be fine.
Overall Richard Goodwin Trail is a must for anyone looking for a good day long adventure. I will certainly be going back.

Happy running-