Richard Goodwin Trail

Richard Goodwin Trail is a 13 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near East Haddam, Connecticut that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Richard Goodwin trail start to finish.

Beautiful trail. Thank you to the volunteers who keep it so nice!

Awesome hike, great all day adventure. Steep hills reaching the halfway mark and then pretty steady easy incline all the way to the end

Perfect hiking weather the day we chose to hike this well marked trail. Challenging yet fun trail. Was surprised that we did not see another hiker the entire trek. Well worth checking the trail system out.

We picked a perfect day to hike this trail. The trail is well marked but you need to pay attention due to several intersecting trails. We did the trail in 4 hours and 15 minutes.We did not see another soul during the trip,

Backpacked through this in one day. My original intention was to use this as a testing ground to see how well I'd do with backpacking. For a first time hike with an extra 40lbs worth of backpack, I'd say it was difficult. Without the added weight I would guess that this would have been a fairly easy trail. There is a long portion of gravel road in the middle that does get a little boring, but for what I wanted to learn I'd say this was an excellent hike.

Saturday, October 15, 2016