Pine Knob Loop Trail

Pine Knob Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near West Cornwall, Connecticut that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until December.

I love this loop. It's local to me, so it's my go-to if I just want to get out for a quick hike. For a fairly short and easy loop it offers two nice lookouts with views of the Housatonic river below.
For a longer hike, park at the overnight lot and take the Mohawk trail up to Breadloaf and then follow the AT north to PineKnob.

Hiked the end of March, was a bit wet as expected and some snow in spots. The marking was a bit confusing in one area otherwise a nice hike.

Did this while doing a weekend CT AT section hike, lets just say I got Knobbed

Took Mohawk Trail to AT then over to the vistas on Pine Knob. Great, moderate hike. Awesome views on a clear day!

Fun, fan friendly

Solid hike, good challenge to pack into

Challenging with views worth the hike.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Great!!! Not as in shape as I thought I was, so I had a tough time, but so worth it!!! Drink lots of water! And have a good pair of supportive hiking boots- my trail sneakers were NOT GOOD!

Sunday, April 17, 2016