Outer Loop is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Southbury, Connecticut that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My dog and I went on this hike two days ago. I would definitely say this hike it more of a beginner one than a moderate one, for the terrain. For those looking to hike it, definitely download the map before you do. There were a few times a couple trails intersected and I was thankful for the map. I do have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the purple trail to the river. The river spot is really pretty and seems perfect for a picnic. I didn't enjoy the red trail as much, so next time I'll probably take the purple to the water and back to the parking lot. The trails were the best I've been on so far, super maintained and really well marked!

Great for a walk in the woods, I’d call it easy - not moderate.

The trail was in good shape. We were following the red trail but somewhere along the way, we ended up on a yellow trail and we hiked 4.95 miles instead of the 3 miles as stated. At the end, I jumped into the river which was an excellent end to our long hike.

Pleasant trails that loop up and around the state park. Nice water front area to eat lunch or swim. Took me about 2 hours to cruise through all the trails.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

great place to hike or mountain bike. very well marked with great views of the Housatonic River.

Sunday, October 01, 2017