Nipmuck Trail

Nipmuck Trail is a 8.4 mile out and back trail located near Mansfield Center, Connecticut that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from April until October.

My boys and I did some of the Blue Trail and some of the Mansfield Hollow Dam. Our portion was just under 4 mi. Beautiful hike. But we were pressed for time.
Next time we will do it in the morning. ♡

The only place I want to be when I'm back in town. I love this trail.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Today I did the section between Southeast School and Lion's Field. my hike was about 3.2 miles, following the blue & yellow trail, then the red & white off the soccer fields, then the Nipmuck back to the blue and yellow. Bug spray would have been smart! Nice easy hike, with some elevation but nothing steep.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Friday, September 18, 2015

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Nice little loop. Not too steep, but definitely hilly. There's one spot for an outlook but not great as far as views go. Highly recommend wearing bug spray. I was getting completely swarmed down by the lake area. Otherwise it's a decent day hike.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

I took the segment from the boat launch at Mansfield Hollow, out to the overlook. On the way back, I took the Fenton Trail back (blue/white), then the yellow-blazed trail runner trail back to the boat launch. That will give you a loop of about 10 miles if you don't feel like doing an out-and-back. This route has fairly gentle terrain, and a lot of variety. I suppose I am especially partial to this hike because of all the views of Mansfield Hollow, and the amount of time spent on the banks the Fenton River -- water, especially running streams, has always been a particular payoff for me.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sweet Trail, didnt finish, but certainly mwould like too.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'm about 10 miles short of this trail because my friend rolled her ankle on our last day but i plan to finish this.