Nassahegon Forest Trails

Nassahegon Forest Trails is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

I’ve done different parts of the trail twice now (mountain biking) and found it fantastic but, at least for a convicted road cyclist, a bit dangerous with so much sharp rock hoping for me to take a tumble. Perhaps I should consider the hazards a feature, not a bug, but for now I take one star off.

I gave this trail 3 stars for two reasons. One, the trails are not clearly marked, so make sure you have a map, or snap a picture of the trailhead map. Two, it's a fairly boring hike--no scenic summit, or winding river, or even still pond--just a hike through the woods, and not even a hilly one at that.

I went snowshoeing here this weekend. It was beautiful and peaceful. We became sidetracked once or twice and ended up off a trail but were able to find our way back ok.

I would definitely go again.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Close to Hartford, but very difficult to navigate. Trails aren't well marked. I found it to be a more challenging ride than expected because of all the rocks.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

It was ok. There are a lot of trails around, most unmarked. Can be pretty confusing. The All Trails app though worked like a champ! Kept me on the trail i wanted to be on.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Awesome

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mountain Biked this trail tonight with my kiddos. It was awesome. Highly recommend it!

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

I have ridden trails all over New England, and these are some of the best mix around. It has a bit of everything, and lots and lots if trails to explore. Plan on spending a good chunk of time, and enjoy getting yourself lost.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Something for everyone, a little flat doubletrack, lots of technical rock gardens, some fast flowy stuff, and CC as well. I'm told there's about 90 miles of trail in here, of which I've explored maybe 30 miles of. I have a few favorites. Favorite access point is from Soccer fields on PunchBrook rd..

Saturday, October 15, 2016