Narragansett Trail to Green Fall Pond

Narragansett Trail to Green Fall Pond is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Voluntown, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

This is an amazing hike, very beautiful and fun. As others have mentioned the trail is a little tricky to follow. We went the wrong direction up the road and followed the blue blaze trail, thinking nothing of it until I checked my map on AllTrails. (See my recording.) We walked about a half mile in the wrong direction and already about 4.5 miles into our hike, we were a bit tired lol. Other then that we had a great time and will be back to venture some more.

Great hike with family and pet friendly.

Do not do this path without the All Trails app or you will get lost. For first part off the road there are hardly any markers so stick close to the stream. Also two water crossings had no bridge across so we had to walk a mile around to a road and then cross a fallen tree to cross another.

Did this hike today with my humans. It was absolutely beautiful. My 20 pound body only needed assistance over one rock scramble. Pretty heavy water flow in the gorge but we managed to get across the log with no problem. Met some really cool canines on the trail. This is a definite must do. We will go back again!

Great trail, did the trail a day after heavy rains...really slippery and we needed to improvise river crossings but the waterfalls were reallllyyyyy pretty.

Awesome hike. Didn’t see a single person all day and the trail is easy to follow. Will definitely be visiting several times into the future.

Great trail! The scenery is beautiful everywhere you look! Be careful for slippery wet rocks, my husband and I just went today and a flat rock on the trail did not look so bad until I went down! We found some really pretty rocks as well! There are some areas where you get a little off trail because markers are hard to find but all in all we had a great time!

Did this hike today on a 55 degree sunny day and was great hike for Rhodie. Hike around the pond is recommended. Got off track a few times so glad I had the all trails app that showed me where I was on the loop

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Did this hike today in a cold day with some snow on the ground. Really lovely walk. The path is sometimes not easy to follow and requires some scrambling over rocks, but it is a great walk, well worth the effort. Definitely 5*!

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Really beautiful trail. We lost the markers in a few spots but that was probably just us not paying attention. Would definitely do it again!

Sunday, October 01, 2017

Great hike on this trail! The trailhead on Green Fall Road (a dirt road) wasn't marked well. There's a bit of a pull-off area for parking (3-4 cars max) with the state stone marker (seen in other hikers pics) across the road. Hiking in the early morning (7:30a) made for some slippery spots. We lost the light blue blazes a few times, but thanks to iPhone GPS found the trail again quickly. A great way to start the day!

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Absolutely amazing hike! It will take longer than you think, because of the moderate terrain, but the scenery makes it totally worth it. One of my favorite hiking trails in RI.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

a lot of cool sights! definitely slipped a few times; requires a steady foot and good shoes!

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Theres a few parts that were absolutely amazing but pretty difficult. Worth it. Was gorgeous

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Beautiful hike on a gorgeous day!

Monday, June 19, 2017

One of the more beautiful Hikes in Rhode Island. Beautiful gorge, waterfalls, and in June, Laurel. A word about Difficulty. I went after a heavy rain (still drizzling) and parts were potentially treacherous, with the wet rocks, roots and moss. Fording creeks were a challenge because stepping rocks were under water. One rock had to be scaled with a rope. So, Intermediate is probably right, but very different when wet.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Did this first thing in morning in was great there is defiantly some tricky sections and slippery in spots from rain. Can't wait to go back there. We also took our dog had to help her up a couple of the rocks but she had a blast!

Monday, March 27, 2017

One of my favorite loops!

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Absolutely amazing and though it's an hour from my residence, I'll be here frequently!

Thursday, March 09, 2017

paved road to start. Then the trail leads right to a beautiful waterfall and gorge. that next leads to a peaceful walk around a lake. nobody on the trails. very peaceful.