Mooween State Park Loop

Mooween State Park Loop is a 9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gilman, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Hiking and mountain biking trails for intermediate and advanced riders. Be aware of hunting season. Trails are bi directional, but are better ridden clockwise.

I'm actually just trying to ask a question. is this a good place for dogs on a leash? I never go hiking without my buddy with me so if he cant come it's not worth it!

Nice flat trail, very peaceful only saw 3 bikers the whole trail.

It’s a really nice spot, with a few really pretty views of the lake. There is a trail that is relatively “flat” marked by green tabs on the trees and it was very easy to follow with little effort needed.

It’s a long winding trail. It snakes back and forth. We didn’t complete the last leg of the trail, as the snaking back and forth just got a bit redundant. We bailed out by the water tank, and walked the road back to the lake/country club. I recorded 9.4 miles on our hike. We saw some interesting sites along the way. A barn owl was spotted, along with interesting placement of some little artifacts like ceramic pumpkin kern, plastic Spiderman bust, and clam like fungus growing out of a tree trunk. As far as the natural features, the terrain is easy to navigate. There’s no major obstacle. There weren’t too many hills to traverse, so little exertion was needed. Just making sure you stayed hydrated was important. We started when it was 59F around 11am, and by finish, it was 71F around 3:30pm. A world of caution, there are ticks there, as my friend removed one from her clothing. It’s a very nice trail for beginners, but I would prefer riding my mountain bike there next time to speed thing up.

sickest place on the east cost!!!

recorded Mooween State Park Loop