Millington Trail

Millington Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near East Haddam, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I think you have the wrong trail in the map. Millington trail is the red blazes. I know this, because I passed the green trail twice like the devil’s hopyard map says. I think it might be the green trail or blue. The trail listed which is green is the woodcutters trail and the blue it’s just blue. It’s easy to see when you look at the devil’s hopyard map they provide. Great trail I just wanted to bring attention to this and make it so others weren’t as confused as I was. It says that it is connected to the orange trail, but it goes out to the left of the map out of any crossing. Or maybe it’s labeled wrong as the upper loop of the orange trail where you go down a bit to the end of the second loop go back up and skip devil’s oven. Just fallow the red blazes after the waterfall.

Second time going here. Absolutely my favorite. It's a work out climbing up the steep inclines. We
saw tons of red spotted purple butterflies and some turkey! my Wife almost stepped on a garden snake. lol

much easier than moderate. easy plus, maybe.

The directions to the trail didn't bring us to the trail head. We pulled into the picnic area and went to the end. Go over the bridge and stay straight. As you ascend the mountain you will see the red markings. Trail was a bit muddy

this is my all time favorite place to go for a hike. LOVE it. but c'mon people... pick up your dog poop bags. Why do you even bag it if your just gonna leave it on the ground?

Beautiful. We made a few short cuts, and went to the waterfalls from the parking lot at the end.
Really nice trail.

Nice family hike with family and dog. Waterfall was the best park. Busy, popular spot. Nice for picnics too.

The trail wasn't well marked, but it was beautiful in the snow.

Ideal for a short hike. The trails are not marked too clearly at times but lots of foliage and great views.

Was more slick then I anticipated, especially the scramble up the hill to the Devil's Oven. Markers for the first mile or so on the loop if you go clockwise are almost nonexistent.

Too many 3-minute hikers, noise, and picnic pieces. Skip unless winter.

The red trail takes you to the waterfall and overlook - the two must-sees here.

Monday, June 12, 2017

This is a gorgeous state park with trails ranging from easy to the top end of moderate for the more adventurous. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Nice trail was muddy when I went.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Great day. Full of different types of terrain.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Red trail wasn't very difficult. We were looking for a hike and the elevation wasn't difficult but still a beautiful walk. Beautiful bridges and scenery!

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Fun waterfalls

Friday, November 18, 2016

A great moderate trail for beginners. Many small inclines followed by plateaus, making it so you never become short of breath. The trails were nicely marked, and the views were beautiful. During an ideal Saturday during the fall, it wasn't crowded at all.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Overall a nice trail, moderate terrain. A few nice bridges to walk over, but honestly was a bit disappointed after seeing such a high rating. The trail was bit tricky to find the entrance using the trail maps at the park. Markings are good overall, look for the arrow carved in a tree if you get to a fork and are a bit confused. Waterfall is really not a part of the trail, as it's near the parking lot entrance. A covered bridge is found there as well. I think the Vista trail is nicer regarding views, and you can still see the waterfall when you have completed that one also.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Followed the red trail which was easy to follow and marked very well!!! Highly recommend with covered bridges and beautiful waterfalls. Reminded me of Diana's bath in the white mountains.

Monday, September 05, 2016

I have yet to do this entire trail but the falls alone are worth the five stars

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Went on 7/23/16. Trails were well maintained. We started off in the first parking area at Devil's Hopyard State Park and walked the red blazed trail towards the entrance. The trail takes you across the road were a small creek awaits . You must pay attention to trail markers because they quickly disappear and we ended up in someone's back yard

Sunday, May 29, 2016

This app confused me quite a bit. I parked at Chapman Falls and looked for Millington trail which was red. We walked across the street after seeing a trails sign and the red markings. The red trail took us up to someone's backyard. Then we continued on red ended up crossing the street and actually ending up in the state park parking lot. After the 1.5 mistake and getting lost due to lack of markings we found the real trail to the vista. The orange trail takes you to the vista and is not a bad hind at all. Only 2 slightly steep climbs. The view was beautiful once we made it to the top. However, once again the markings just disappear and we got lost numerous times. We had to keep going back to this app to look at where we were and how to get back on the right path. I know we weren't the only confused ones because 2 other people asked if they were going the right direction. So the Millington trail unless we did something wrong was pointless and unimpressive. The vista trail was a easy hike with beautiful views.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Love it

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Great trail. New trails not on the map also. Did it with 2 yr old on my back!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Gorgeous day. Lovely hike. Be aware: Trails at intersections aren't well marked so it's easy to get turned around.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Beautiful day, wonderful trails, good for starting out the hiking season. Definitely take the time to check out the Vista!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Great

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Great hike. Family and dog friendly. Various trails to explore.