Millers Pond Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durham, Connecticut that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

some of the trails that break off this loop could use some love, but it's a beautiful short hike.

It’s a great easy hike for a family. Most of the trail is pretty wide and impossible to get lost on. The lake the the trail surrounds is beautiful from any point of the trail. There are a few places where the trail is very rocky, but nothing my 3 kids under 9 can’t handle.

This is a pretty easy hike with some pretty waterfalls on the way to a public lake. I thought it was beautiful and we even saw a beautiful woodpecker on the way!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

One of my favorite places ever. Go early on a week day.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Fun mountain biking trail!

Friday, February 03, 2017

Nice local trail nice view thumbs up!

Monday, December 19, 2016

wonderful walk, would definitely go again.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Very serene and almost secluded spot in Durham, nice for hikes, chilling out, kayak/ canoeing, and camping.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Short trail, ppl like to camp out for the day and swim here. Bring bug spray

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Beautiful pond, great for hiking with pups. Trails were pretty wide, got a little lost but I always do.

Saturday, January 02, 2016

1/1/16 - After an extremely enjoyable hike with friends, we were chatting afterwards by our vehicles, when we observe an unattended dog on a rock for approximately 10 minutes. Eventually three cyclists emerge from the main trail with this dog following. The dog immediately runs over to us, we asked the owner to control her as we have dogs, unfortunately she does not listen and the owner must take her away by the collar. Approximately 15-20 minutes later the dog is back at our vehicles and we repeat our request to her owner to leash her and remind him that there is a leash requirement. It is frustrating and irritating the people like this are encountered.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

I hiked the main trail around the pond a week prior to taking the mountain bike. From the parking lot, I took the red marked trail on the right side. This trail is very technical in some areas. I wouldn't recommend it to a new biker, but for an experienced rider this trail offers plenty of challenges. I found the trail very rocky with lots of large boulders and cliff-like rock to ride along. Some really nice views in the woods. This time of year(August) the streams and mud are non-existent. You can certainly see where the streams would normally flow. I imagine spring and fall would be wetter. Overall I only ride 5.4 miles on the right side of the pond. It looks like the other side offers even more extensive trails, so I will def return for more. Update to follow!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

they have it wrong. millers pond is located in Durham CT. and this place has the most amazing trail system. everything from crazy techno singletrack. to ultra flowing fun sections total loop about 8 miles end to end. Well worth the trip!

Thursday, August 31, 2017