Miller Trail

Miller Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Southbury, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 393 feet Route Type: Loop

Wasn’t a particularly exciting hike, there was a view but it was a bit blocked by trees. Was peaceful, tho. If you want more of a work out, I’d suggest going clockwise on the trail. It is more of a leisurely walk if you go counterclockwise.

This is one of my favorites. A little challenging but the path is very clear. Not much traffic. Dog friendly. Recently hiked in the rain but the tree coverage prevented us from getting wet. Lots of shade on sunny days. Can be buggy so pack your bug spray. In the summer, the trees don’t allow for a great view of the water but the fall brings pretty views.

Really nice hike, It was very cool under the trees. There map shows two lookout points with the trail that branches off to the west, though the eastern trail is blocked by a bunch of downed trees. Looks like that would have been a great view, but the other one is still nice.

First time here. What a great place.

Such a gorgeous hike - you want a lakefront beach? Rushing Brook? Spectacular views? all here. Hit a brewpub ápres, Bad Sons is a good time.

What a fun little hike. First time here but I liked it and would come back for camping. It was pretty icy in som steeper down hill areas but I managed it while holding two large dogs. My all trails app kept giving me errors about the GPS. So my route isn't correct. I just followed the blue blazed aka Miller trail the whole time, about 2.5 miles.

Tue Jul 25 2017

Hiked with my 6 year old daughter. We found a bunch of heart shaped rocks & leaves. So we named it heart trail. Nice walk. Only downside was the lady with her dog off leash that ran at us and kept barking. According to the lady "it's a puppy." Too bad puppies can't read -dogs should be on a leash Other than that. Nice trail