Mile of Ledges and Tory Den Trail

Mile of Ledges and Tory Den Trail is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Terryville, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

cave

This is a rather difficult loop situated in Burlington, CT off of Greer Road and on the Brower Property. This trail offers some steep inclines with the occasional climb as you walk along the ledges and stop by the tory den. This loop is on part of the Tunxis Mainline Trail and the Yellow Dot trail. This loop that can be accessed off of Greer road features walks along Burlington's water eroded ledges and climbs through multiple crevices and up steep inclines. Although some parts are rather challenging, it proves a worthy accomplishment and is definitely a path that you'd want to return back to and hike again. You pass the most treacherous part of the Tunxis Trail, The Mile of Ledges, and then split off at a T-Intersection over to the Tory den on the Yellow Dot trail. The end of the loop is walking along Greer road back to your car at the end, but this short segment is definitely worth walking to experience the rest that the loop has to offer.

anyone know what the tower is for? its in pic 89

Great trail to run!

Pretty good elevation change for a run in the winter. The trails twist and turn so make sure you look at the markings. Good scenery and views

I hiked it today, 1-16-17, for the first time in probably 10 years. I forgot how much fun it was. It's a great little loop with a lot of rock formations to play on. I'll definitely be back for another adventure before another 10 years goes by.

Diverse terrain and some scrambling

Great physical hike. I felt like the trail was pretty easy to follow. The "Miles of Ledges" is somewhat misleading as there are no real views. But I enjoyed the scrambling and hiking this trail offered.

PLEASE READ- I did this trail a month ago and got lost, we couldn't finish the whole trail. This time we finished but I have to warn you it is difficult, not moderate! Pay close attention to the markings, you have to look out far for some of them. You have to climb up several mountains (At least on the blue and yellow we did). We Went Through steep crevices & The highest elevation we hit was over 1000 ft. It was a great workout but I wasn't prepared for all that climbing. It was about 6 miles if not more (I stopped recording by accident at one point) At one point you hit the road but keep walking until you see the lake. Be warned and prepared. I think if you keep going around the lake and take the red trail back you might avoid the climbing but not sure.

some parts were fun and challenging but not much in the scenery dept. I thought by the name it would have some nice views and I didn't like having to walk about 3/4 of a mile on the road either.