Mile of Ledges and Tory Den Trail is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Terryville, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

cave

This is a rather difficult loop situated in Burlington, CT off of Greer Road and on the Brower Property. This trail offers some steep inclines with the occasional climb as you walk along the ledges and stop by the tory den. This loop is on part of the Tunxis Mainline Trail and the Yellow Dot trail. This loop that can be accessed off of Greer road features walks along Burlington's water eroded ledges and climbs through multiple crevices and up steep inclines. Although some parts are rather challenging, it proves a worthy accomplishment and is definitely a path that you'd want to return back to and hike again. You pass the most treacherous part of the Tunxis Trail, The Mile of Ledges, and then split off at a T-Intersection over to the Tory den on the Yellow Dot trail. The end of the loop is walking along Greer road back to your car at the end, but this short segment is definitely worth walking to experience the rest that the loop has to offer.

One of those great trails you tell ur friends about. Clearly beaten trail in the winter. Poor markings. Short distance on roadway.

Beginning is very easy, after you walk on the side of the road and then go back into woods it gets harder. I would say more in the harder side than moderate. There’s climbing rocks, hanging on to rocks over a edge. Don’t recommend parents to take there kids. But for a experienced hiker, it’s a very good hike! Sometimes it’s got hard to follow the trail marks, some aren’t as easy to notice as others. But as long as you pay attention you should be fine. Very beautiful rock formations!

One of my favorite CT hikes. Right near my house so I get to do this one a lot.

Beautiful trail ,took my Pomeranian she loved the hike a lot to c

and I forgot to add that I saw a porcupine

i did the whole loop, I went left at Fork first half of Luke easy to moderate then after the neighborhood you take a right back on the trail and then that's where the ledges came in and it was moderate to difficult and I really enjoyed that, the only thing not so good was the bugs mosquitoes and gnats good thing I have my cutter with me if not then it would have been a total disaster so I definitely recommend his tail but bring your cutter

Loved this loop! Trail is very clearly marked.
Beautiful- Still snow on the ground, but packed down from hikers so slippery on climbing sections.
About .5 mile is on a neighborhood road before you head back into the woods.
Lots of streams for dogs to drink.

Difficult for us. A lot of unexpected climbing up the stone ledges. Like hiking on corduroy.

Didn’t do the whole loop, just doing sections of Tunxis.

I got to a little over a mile over steep rock formation then lost the trail. Going to go back there was 3 plus inches of snow it was beautiful.

Not what I expected. Very fun!

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Great place for mudding

Monday, October 02, 2017

Fun trail. Not well marked in areas but overall worth it.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

A fun trail. Rock climbing is slippery in the winter.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

anyone know what the tower is for? its in pic 89

Friday, February 17, 2017

Great trail to run!

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Pretty good elevation change for a run in the winter. The trails twist and turn so make sure you look at the markings. Good scenery and views

Monday, January 16, 2017

I hiked it today, 1-16-17, for the first time in probably 10 years. I forgot how much fun it was. It's a great little loop with a lot of rock formations to play on. I'll definitely be back for another adventure before another 10 years goes by.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Diverse terrain and some scrambling

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Great physical hike. I felt like the trail was pretty easy to follow. The "Miles of Ledges" is somewhat misleading as there are no real views. But I enjoyed the scrambling and hiking this trail offered.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

PLEASE READ- I did this trail a month ago and got lost, we couldn't finish the whole trail. This time we finished but I have to warn you it is difficult, not moderate! Pay close attention to the markings, you have to look out far for some of them. You have to climb up several mountains (At least on the blue and yellow we did). We Went Through steep crevices & The highest elevation we hit was over 1000 ft. It was a great workout but I wasn't prepared for all that climbing. It was about 6 miles if not more (I stopped recording by accident at one point) At one point you hit the road but keep walking until you see the lake. Be warned and prepared. I think if you keep going around the lake and take the red trail back you might avoid the climbing but not sure.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

some parts were fun and challenging but not much in the scenery dept. I thought by the name it would have some nice views and I didn't like having to walk about 3/4 of a mile on the road either.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

This was very difficult to follow. Kept losing the trail and had to back track several times. Would do it again just because we weren't really able to finish it because we had to keep back tracking and it got dark. One tip is if you need up by the water on the road keep going the trail picks back up on the other side of the lake.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Great hike. Love the den, sitting above and watching the sunrise. Moderate hike. My dog appreciates it :)

Friday, April 29, 2016

This is a great trail with some very difficult parts. If you go in knowing that then the trail is a lot of fun!

Monday, April 11, 2016

Love this trail. It's not super worth it to go up the tory den, but we hike through the ledges, make some hot dogs and hike back all the time.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Top 10 hikes so far. Lots of rock ledges, streams for dog drinks.
3/16/16

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Great hike! Loved it.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

The trails are not marked very clearly.