Macedonia Brook Loop

Macedonia Brook Loop is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kent, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This park is also a campground with enough space between campsites to give privacy. Camping is in designated space only and off-trail.

Did the Eastern Ridge today, 2-5-17, it was nice but I enjoyed the Western Ridge lot more. But spending a day in that valley is always nice.

Nice moderate to modestly difficult. Open to hike yea round. Camping is seasonal..

This trail (Blue Trail)falls into the category of being one of the best hikes I have done this year. Most of the well marked trail was easy to moderate. Good cardio in several places. And then as you neared the top, the hard part kicked in. The leaf covered rocks were steep, wet and very slippery. It required scrambling with a touch of rock climbing in places. As Sierra F. mentioned, It is not a pet or child friendly area. The surrounding views from the vista were worth the climb. My grandson and I were fortunate to catch the waning days of fall color on this hike. The blue blazes are plentiful but very faded in many places. Enjoyed the hike and put it on my do again list for next year.

A beautiful hike to do on a colorful fall day and I definitely got a good workout in! Can't wait to come back again. However, not with a dog - this hike is not small child or large dog friendly (in my opinion) I did the entire blue trail from the east side of the parking lot (counter clockwise) with my dog. Everything was perfect until I got to a boulder that I couldn't get my dog over. She's 90lbs so I couldn't carry her over, so I had to make my own trail to the top. Going down was very difficult as well, to get my dog over the boulders on the way down Besides those small obstacles, this is one of the top 5 hikes in CT in terms of view and ...it's a loop trails! Love the loops:)

we did almost half of it: O-G-B. Overall, it was nice. three look-out which were ok, didn't see any other hikers on the trail, had to climb pretty steep rocks on track G. very easy to follow the trail.

Great views loved the hike.

Wow what a hike is all I can say....some areas straight ledge with climb after climb but getting on top of cobble mountain....wow!!!

Really nice hike, great views on top of Cobble Mountain, however reeeally steep going up/down the mountain.

I did the blue blaze trail at the begin of the park!! It was tough at times but loved the views when on top it joined with the white trail going down was tougher straight rock wall!!! Beautiful and quiet!! Perfect place!! Will be back!!!

Hiked to a Scenic Vista as part of the Skys the limit challenge. Great hike lots of up hill climb. Hit up a few geocaches and really enjoyed the trail (white) Going to head back here some time and explore more.

It was a very nice hike. I'll be back for another hike, in another season