Macedonia Brook Loop

Macedonia Brook Loop is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kent, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This park is also a campground with enough space between campsites to give privacy. Camping is in designated space only and off-trail.

1st time hiking after baby & it was challenging. Don't plan on using the app while hiking- no service! It was beautiful. Not another living soul on the path. I didn't do the whole loop but I will next time around.

I went clockwisw from the southern parking area. Some nice climbs and views. Need to go the other way, UP the steep scramble. Not the hardest 6-ish miles but great hike - There is a re-route at the nothern end when traveling north. Near the lake and entrance after the old road. Its best to take the road south to the orange trail, then rejoin blue.

The complete loop is challenging and steep. Trekking poles would've been helpful for this one!

Jacques & Nini StrawbridgePellet: This is an extensive and varied hike. We went with our pug and golden (12y). In spite of the Pug race and Golden's age, they are huge hikers and loved it. We are from WY. We parked too far up/north just shy of Hilltop Pond off Weber Rd. We should have parked near the multi-intersection Weber-Keeler-Macedonia Brook Roads. We couldn't locate the blue clues there and found some by driving further up Weber Rd. We added several miles to our hike I presume. We were happy to start off to the East/Clockwise as finishing was all Down over the serious rock faces after Cobble Mtn. It is a very very rocky scramble. You will need all 4's to head over this sketchiness. It is located just North of Cobble Mtn. I would consider the ability and desire of group when choosing this. We had several lovely breaks on streams which were always nearby. The water elements are amazing on this hike, mostly Eastern side. Especially with the Spring runoff now. We stopped a total of 30 min. And hiked for 4 hrs. +/- Shortly after the rock face, we cut out the final bit when spotting the Green trail to the old Road paralleling the Macedonia Brook Rd. This old road is stunning with its stone wall.

Did the Eastern Ridge today, 2-5-17, it was nice but I enjoyed the Western Ridge lot more. But spending a day in that valley is always nice.

Nice moderate to modestly difficult. Open to hike yea round. Camping is seasonal..

This trail (Blue Trail)falls into the category of being one of the best hikes I have done this year. Most of the well marked trail was easy to moderate. Good cardio in several places. And then as you neared the top, the hard part kicked in. The leaf covered rocks were steep, wet and very slippery. It required scrambling with a touch of rock climbing in places. As Sierra F. mentioned, It is not a pet or child friendly area. The surrounding views from the vista were worth the climb. My grandson and I were fortunate to catch the waning days of fall color on this hike. The blue blazes are plentiful but very faded in many places. Enjoyed the hike and put it on my do again list for next year.

A beautiful hike to do on a colorful fall day and I definitely got a good workout in! Can't wait to come back again. However, not with a dog - this hike is not small child or large dog friendly (in my opinion) I did the entire blue trail from the east side of the parking lot (counter clockwise) with my dog. Everything was perfect until I got to a boulder that I couldn't get my dog over. She's 90lbs so I couldn't carry her over, so I had to make my own trail to the top. Going down was very difficult as well, to get my dog over the boulders on the way down Besides those small obstacles, this is one of the top 5 hikes in CT in terms of view and ...it's a loop trails! Love the loops:)

we did almost half of it: O-G-B. Overall, it was nice. three look-out which were ok, didn't see any other hikers on the trail, had to climb pretty steep rocks on track G. very easy to follow the trail.

Great views loved the hike.