Macedonia Brook Loop

Macedonia Brook Loop is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kent, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This park is also a campground with enough space between campsites to give privacy. Camping is in designated space only and off-trail.

Excellent hike! I read the reviews prior to insure my dog could handle the terrain. I took the advice to hike it counter clockwise so I would hike up the scramble instead of down which was much easier. I highly suggest only bringing your dog if they are athletic and medium to small size. There is a spot that is a sheerish drop and involves some technical skill but was manageable because I hike my dog with a ruffwear harness that has a handle and he is trail savvy and waited for me to get into position to guide him down. A group suggested I was hiking the wrong direction but since I was alone I found it much easier to lower my 50lb cattle dog down rather than trying to lift him up that section. All in all great views of the valley, lightly trafficked, challenging and a good workout!!!

Be careful following the blue trail coming down cobble mountain lookout. It is very steep and rocky, but super fun!!! There is one part where it is about a 7ft vertical drop, which was really tricky to get down with my dog. Luckily a fellow hiker helped out, it would've been near impossible by myself.

Props to trail maintenance!!! The beginning of the blue trail was hard to see with all the leaves covering it but it was so well marked. The blue blazes marked the trail about every fifty feet.

The views at the top were stunning. Well worth the effort!

Started at the south parking lot and went clockwise. Passed only a few other groups during the hike who were going counterclockwise and stopped on Cobble Mountain to enjoy the views. The scramble down wasn't too bad, only a couple sections required use of hands but definitely wouldn't recommend this in any kind of inclement weather. The eastern side of the road is more gradual but has the only switchbacks on the trail except the steep descent on the south end. Overall a great hike. Don't follow the park map if you have one from the CT website as a few of the view spots have no view. Blue blazed trails were well marked but you can find a few spots where people go around for easier paths for no more than 10-15 feet and re-join the trail.

1st time hiking after baby & it was challenging. Don't plan on using the app while hiking- no service! It was beautiful. Not another living soul on the path. I didn't do the whole loop but I will next time around.

I went clockwisw from the southern parking area. Some nice climbs and views. Need to go the other way, UP the steep scramble. Not the hardest 6-ish miles but great hike - There is a re-route at the nothern end when traveling north. Near the lake and entrance after the old road. Its best to take the road south to the orange trail, then rejoin blue.

The complete loop is challenging and steep. Trekking poles would've been helpful for this one!

Jacques & Nini StrawbridgePellet: This is an extensive and varied hike. We went with our pug and golden (12y). In spite of the Pug race and Golden's age, they are huge hikers and loved it. We are from WY. We parked too far up/north just shy of Hilltop Pond off Weber Rd. We should have parked near the multi-intersection Weber-Keeler-Macedonia Brook Roads. We couldn't locate the blue clues there and found some by driving further up Weber Rd. We added several miles to our hike I presume. We were happy to start off to the East/Clockwise as finishing was all Down over the serious rock faces after Cobble Mtn. It is a very very rocky scramble. You will need all 4's to head over this sketchiness. It is located just North of Cobble Mtn. I would consider the ability and desire of group when choosing this. We had several lovely breaks on streams which were always nearby. The water elements are amazing on this hike, mostly Eastern side. Especially with the Spring runoff now. We stopped a total of 30 min. And hiked for 4 hrs. +/- Shortly after the rock face, we cut out the final bit when spotting the Green trail to the old Road paralleling the Macedonia Brook Rd. This old road is stunning with its stone wall.

Did the Eastern Ridge today, 2-5-17, it was nice but I enjoyed the Western Ridge lot more. But spending a day in that valley is always nice.