Lantern Hill Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ledyard, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

3 steep inclines but the view at the top is worth it!

Beautiful area! There's an easier path with great sites to see and a rough path that takes you thru the woods. Each way brings you to the top which is breath taking.

After you find the right trail, the journey is great and the destiny is beautiful. As long as you follow the trail and the markers and don’t get off track, it’s a great time and a good workout. Steep inclines, loose rocks, and a beautiful view from the top. Wife approved trail ✔️

My fiancé and I love to go on hikes all over New England but this past weekend we figured we would do one that’s local. Surprisingly neither of us have been to lantern hill. What a horrible day to have forgotten to bring my hiking shoes! Super steep areas. It wasn’t impossible to climb without hiking shoes, but was just uncomfortable. We did have some difficulty finding the start of the trail, but when we googled a bit of you put Wintechog Hill Rd. Into GPS, then we found it, plus with all the cars parked on the side of the road made it easy to find after that. Just remember to pack water and snacks if you want, bug spray, sunscreen, and sunglasses and or/hat it is shaded most of the way but at the top it was hot open area. We went at the end of August, so might be different if you go in a different month.

The Lantern Hill trail is perfect for a first foray into hiking. The trails are clearly marked and an hour in the forest passes very quickly and pleasurably.

Great, relatively short hike. My 8 and 11 year old kids love this trail!

All steep incline but well worth the view at the top!

Quick sunrise hike while at Foxwoods business conference. less than 20 minutes to the top if hike loop clockwise.

I was in town looking for a hike that would get my heart rate up. This is definitely a fun one! Not too hard and not to easy!

Really nice hike! Close to Foxwoods, with views of Foxwoods from the top. I took my kids (10 & 9) and we really enjoyed this hike. We stopped at the pond, the wigwam, and took a break at the top. On our way up, we saw a bobcat. Great place, will head back!

Very good hike. Great view from the top. Required a little bit of climbing. Great hike for tourist looking for slight adventure

I’ve hiked these trails since I️ was a child! Great look out points and good incline for exercise!

Beautiful workout

Poorly marked as to how to get to the top, but once you’re there it’s stunning!

Really fun and a little tricky.

Great hike to the top with beautiful views! I take all 4 dogs with me who also love it!

loved the hike and view!

Fun short hike, great for families and young children, or anyone looking to get outside for some fresh air. To get the most out of the hike I would recommend doing both loops.

Easy simple trail. There is two ways to go up, going to the right you will do loop, going to the left it will be in and out type of hike.

Beautiful views. I would rate it as an easy hike, but still enjoyable.

Well marked trail. I started behind 2 trees Inn this time. Some steep sections, but not overly strenuous. One section has a pathway through rock that's a little difficult to fit through, but if you go up sideways you should be fine. Good hike.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Quick hike but a beautiful view! Although a little disappointed that the trees have already lost most of their color. Looking forward to going earlier in the fall next year.

Monday, October 23, 2017

I enjoy it here and views at the end of the hike make it ALL worth it. I do wish there was more to do.

Friday, October 20, 2017

The views at the end of the hike are amazing ..

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Great place to walk your dog. Trails are well marked.

Thursday, October 05, 2017

beautiful trail...not the best marked. Can't wait for additional seasons

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

beautiful!

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Very nice area for a walk. Great view. There is more then one way to get in this place can get bit confusing. Other then that very great sincere and nature path.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

nice views

Friday, September 15, 2017

Easily accessible loop trail, moderately trafficked. nice view at the top. One person mentioned on here that they couldn't see the water due to the trees, the summit view trail branches off of the loop near the top. Would do it again.