Lake Wintergreen Trail

Lake Wintergreen Trail is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hamden, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

very quiet, scenic and easy loop. except for a very small patch which is easy but rocky. you might have to get on ur 4s at one spot

Great quiet trails!

Great hikes for kids. Lake, lean tos, streams, a damn, and small rock formations to keep them busy. We hiked white to red-white around the lake.

Nice easy walk especially if you’re bring older dogs that may fatigue quickly.

We had a great time once we got to the trail, it was a “Perfect” day for a hike. The park is well kept.

Great hike; I wasn’t expecting the bolder scramble but did quite well.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

My absolute favorite go-to hike. Great for all skill levels with beautiful views of the lake along the loop trail.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

A nice, easy walk with different views of the lake. The lake itself is good for fishing (State DEEP stocks it every Spring) and canoeing/kayaking. No motorized boats allowed. Good for dog walking, although they must be on a leash at all times.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Simple trail that is easy for small children and older folks. Nice views and impossible to get lost.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Amazing walk for people who aren't into heavy workouts. Nice simple trail. I followed the white streaks.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Pretty decent sunrise over southern Connecticut.

Monday, July 11, 2016

I hike this area all the time, I love it. You can give yourself a good challenge by going up and over back over again and back over again and back over again heck why not do it another time. It's good for every season.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Excellent for an easy hike. Beautiful layout, great sights, close to home and close to school for me. A little rocky in some places, but I don't mind it. Always going to go back no matter what.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Cool hike to Scenic Vista by the Upper Pavilion for the Sky's the Limit Challenge. Hiked up a road and along a cool ridge trail. Views were very cool. Even hit up a few geocaches along the way. Went late fall and had the place to ourselves.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Easy trail like a walk through the woods. Delightful. Easy for little kids. Tall trees, meadows. Bizarre little old junkyard in one section. Very relaxing

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Took the blue trail. It has nice views and is very well marked. We only came across couple of folks. Not busy at all.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Had a great time here. Great views of New Haven and some pretty cool local history from the Revolutionary war time period. Excellent downhill mountain bike ride!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

I really loved this trail!

Monday, July 06, 2015

Really nice views of the city. Went out with my husband and our dog for 4th of July.

Friday, June 05, 2015

Great Hike, did the loop, 13 miles, moderate but beautiful.

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

I love this place. Rode here with my wife on 11/30/14. It was my third time here, and her first. The trails are great for new riders, with some hike a bike sections to mix it up. I will be back again for sure.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

This is a great place to do some mountain biking or hiking. I would rate this a beginner trail for biking as there is not a lot of technical riding or jumps in the trail around the lake. Lots of fun and very relaxing.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I go hiking here with my friend and our dogs almost every weekend. The lake is beautiful all year round.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Fun place to hike that offers a good amount of different areas to explore. If you just roam around aimlessly you can run into a lot of interesting areas of the park. The lake is fun for fishing, and the ridges offer nice views especially from the side facing the new haven harbor. Been there in the sun, snow, and rain and had fun no matter what.

Monday, August 27, 2012

being there on my moped and is very nice place to be

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I have hiked this trail 2 or 3 times before and the ocean view on the horizon when the sky is clear is so amazing.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Judges cave is an interesting pile of rocks rich in history. There are plenty of picnic areas and great for all ages.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Went mountain biking here, was great! Two primary trails (red and white). The park map was a bit confusing to read but it was worth getting a bit off track and lost, thank goodness for cell phone gps. The white trail along Wintergreen lake was the most exciting.