Lake Mohegan Loop

Lake Mohegan Loop is a 2.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Fairfield, Connecticut that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

beach

Lake Mohegan and its surrounding open space comprise a total of 170.4 acres off Morehouse Highway. The Conservation Commission administers the open space property with its many hiking trails but the popular swimming area is managed by the Parks and Recreation Commission. The bridge over the Mill river includes benches to rest while listening to the river below. Certain areas require dogs be leashed.

Beautiful trail... scenic

Nice area, great trails.

We were discouraged because nothing was marked. I parked the first place I saw other cars but that is not the head of the trail. We followed a smaller trail at one point and ended up on the Merritt Parkway. If trail colors or names were marked we would've enjoyed ourselves more.

Hiking, swimming, relaxing! A great place for anyone! The season pass is totally worth it.

Easily walkable, beautiful views, great for dogs and kids.

I cannot call this trail as moderate, it is very easy. But, watching all beauties was fascinating.

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Fairly easy to moderatore - pretty river flowing

Monday, November 21, 2016

Alot of fun. Lots of friendly people walking their dogs. Beautiful scenery.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

This is my favorite place to bring my dogs.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Lots of paths, well cleared, nice views. LOTS of dogs. We walked/hiked for about 90 minutes and every person we saw had one if not two dogs. Almost all were off leash (which is allowed). Just too many dogs for it to be relaxing. If you have a dog you will really enjoy this location.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

easy and pretty!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Decent easy walk

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Great !

Sunday, July 17, 2016

There were a lot of dogs, but it was a good experience.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

decent trail, not to short. good place to bring the pups!

Monday, July 11, 2016

Awesome. This place was my back yard as a kid. Back then there was way less foot traffic but it's still my favorite place to go. Tons of memories here.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Great for the pup!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dog heaven and family friendly. Easy trail, very busy and alot of fun for dogs who love to swim.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Trails not very well marked, and have a lot of tree roots.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

This is our dogs' favorite place on earth. Being Australian breed working dogs stuck in the city - they just have a blast with their freedom here. The love playing in the water and we all enjoy the nice stroll around the lake, nothing too strenuous. In the cooler months we also include a trip to nearby Jennings beach.