Hop Brook Dam Loop is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Naugatuck, Connecticut that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 180 feet Route Type: Loop

paddle sports

beach

Very easy, kid friendly hike around Hop Brook Lake. Trail maps available at park entrance and trail head at top of dam/ranger station.

My favorite go to spot only because it’s close to home. Nice workout but not much to see. Clearly marked and no matter which trail you go on it all loops back.

Was a great workout this am and saw more of the park than I knew was available for picnicking with grills set up. So happy I downloaded this app

It took a bit of doing to get this hike "Verified Complete" status, as the original trail doesn't exist along the back side of the lake, and/or the person recording this went on a restricted area under the tower near the dam. None-the-less, the hike I took was pretty nice (albeit much longer) and my route took me from the entrance parking lot of the park, all the way down past the lake, up to the Oronoke Road gate, and then back to the meadow / spillway area. I then took the blue trail overlooking the back side of the lake (through the trees) over the paved road on top of the dam, followed Rt. 63 for a bit right before the Middlebury line, and went back down to the lake via the yellow trail. Once along the lake again, I went to the bottom of the dam (down the hill from the admin. building near the dam) and that's when it started pouring out! I ran to the closest picnic pavilion I found where I randomly stumbled upon a party attended by a friend. Small world... After the rain let up a bit, I made my way to one of the park bathrooms, made use of the hand dryer to dry out all my gear, and at least my hands since the rest of my body was soaked, and then I made my way to "West Trail" up along Rt. 63 through the woods. Came out back on the main road in the park, and worked my way back up to the parking lot near the entrance again. All in all, a fun day, but I need to go back and finish taking pictures of the last 25% of the hike & see that last portion again in a non-drenched state.

Trail 5 Wetland to a VERY STEEP North Trail 6. Recommend 5 back and forth for beginners.

Meadow Trail (yellow dot) seems pretty steep but short. Did not take West Trail this time. Trail 5, 7 and 6 last time was awesome.

The disc golf baskets are a plus

First time here. Easy walking but no maps anywhere. Noise from the road traffic was bothersome. Be aware of lots of dead trees. Trails are not well marked so we didn't venture too far off the road itself. Might try it again in the spring.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Great trail for beginners.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Great place for a quick easy hike/walk. I like to go in the morning before the beach crowd arrives! There's many side trails that branch off too for exploring. Great for family hikes!

Saturday, April 15, 2017