Henry Buck Trail

Henry Buck Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Riverton, Connecticut that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

short but beautiful. there are also quite some rocks in the trail.

nice spring run off

Really lovely hike. I used the all trails navigation and parked just ahead of the entrance. I hiked last week and there was plenty of snow, used spikes and a pole. I was the only hiker and it was beautiful. The first half was pretty easy with a little bit of climb. Tons of brooks and streams. Second half was a bit more interesting. All very well marked. On the way back there are a few opportunities for views tho it's mostly insular. However, about 200 feet before the exit the trail gets very narrow alongside a brook (about three feet wide) and maybe 15-20 feet high and with the snow obviously slippery and I lost a spike. I should have chosen to go off the path and around when I saw how narrow it was going to get because I became immobilized and needed to call for help since I was hiking alone :( I had all the right gear (spikes, poles, whistle, bell, gloves, etc) it was just an unfortunate weather, marker, and terrain situation I would look out for. I would go back again in better weather tho.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Very nice area and somewhat challenging at times. I agree with the others, not much of a reward for the hike. There is one spot that has a nice overlook.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Good, short loop. Hiked this with my ten year old on a warm July afternoon. Wish the trail took you to the top of the mountain though; it lacks a little "payoff" if you will.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Depending on which side of the trail you go up, this hike can start out quite challenging. We went up the side further down the road. We learned from a local afterwards that we took the steeper route up. It was hot and sticky, but the occasional breeze through the woods was great! For the climb in elevation, I was expecting some type of outlook at the top, but there wasn't one.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Fairly steep upward climb in the beginning, then a few ledges, then levels off before heading back down. Beautiful woods, moss, wild flowers, and streams. Very few scenic overlooks. Excellent trail.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Nice hike. It loops around. You have to walk about a 1/8 of a mile on the road to get back to your car. Decent view at the top.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012