Hedgehog Trail

Hedgehog Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Simsbury, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I was looking for something different than Hubelein tower. It was a beautiful day, 72 degrees. I did it late afternoon, and there were only 4 cars there (left from North Saddle Ridge Rd). I went to the peak, and it took me about 20 minutes to get to the top (I was pushing myself). If you go at a gradual pace it may be more like 30 minutes. Great lookout - I didn't have much time before sundown so I decided to go back down. Will definitely go back to go for a longer hike on a different day. I definitely recommend for others!

Great trail. I took the dog and it was great for her! Lots of beautiful views, babbling brooks and some fairly good inclines. A little wet so hiking boots were a good choice. We did blue to white to red. No bugs at this time so fantastic day for this one!

Great hike. I used the red trail all the way over the peak and down to the other side to the creek. Then the white trail to the blue trail which makes about a 5 mile loop. I am impressed with the amount of open space SImsbury has in this park.

We went up from the cul-de-sac on North Saddle Ridge Rd. The trail is steep and rocky.
The waterfall, stream, and view from the peak are well worth it.

Well maintained. Well marked. Great views.

Nice 5 mile hike. Well marked trails. We enjoyed it.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

loved the first 3.2 miles of the hike!!! can someone please tell me where i went wrong on this trail? not from the area but would love to hike it with the teenagers...started in westledge and hiked red for about 3.2 miles before the STRAIGHT-A-WAY...markers disappeared but that happens from time to time so kept on...i was completely ON the red line in this app but there was no trail to be found for 1.5 miles when we finally bumped into blue by the river...advid outdoor enthusiast and hiker but this one baffled me!!! thought husband was ready to file for divorce because of me and my obsession with this app and the red line...lol... anyone from the area that can offer $.02??? btw loved the views and broke a great sweat!

Friday, August 14, 2015

Beautiful trail, though I was not able to finish it. I was about 1 mile in when I spotted a mama bear and her baby along the waters edge. There are many rocks and tree roots along the path, so watch your step. The bridges and walking planks are a very nice touch. I can't wait to go back and explore more.
As far as directions and parking go, I parked in a very small lot on 309 just after the Masters School.

Friday, August 22, 2014

Trail was nice, nothing difficult and easy to do with a dog. Lots of mossy rocks which were slippery when damp. Confusing trail directions - when you get to a bald spot with a long view, that is the peak. The trail continues down (north), crosses a creek and goes back up the other side a ways, but that is part of the land trust, not actually the red trail. If you take it, the down side trail is fairly steep. The peak view is very nice and a great spot for a snack before you turn back.

recorded Track - Mar 28, 04:06 PM