Green Falls Pond is a 1.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Voluntown, Connecticut that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and canoeing and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.8 miles Elevation Gain: 68 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Nice loop around the pond with some rocky areas. Please note: the road leading to the trailhead may close seasonally. Visitors must park at the gate - this adds ~3 miles round-trip to the hike.

definitely a good workout, especially today when its 77° out! very buggy and rocky

Nice distance.

Enjoyed the loop! great scenery!

This was an absolutely beautiful trail! The trail could be a little difficult at times having a lot of roots one would need to navigate and some points of steep rocks you would need to trek over but is otherwise very defined and labeled trail, highly recommend for a nice afternoon hike and maybe even a nice picnic with a ton of nice Little Rock face areas to eat!

Outstanding first time hike for my 15 year old and I. Rocky, rooty and a little muddy from the rain last night. Heavily trafficked, very well marked trail with a little water fall and lots of great spots along the pond to stop for a snack. Clean Porta-potties at the main parking lot a plus.

Amazing views of the lake. Rooty and rocky!! Nice waterfall !!! Trail is very well maintained. Favorite trail to date!!

We went as a family and all enjoyed this hike! The views were wonderful!

Excellent trail. Lots of rocks and roots but sure footing. Beautiful views all the way around. Nice dam/waterfall.

My husband and I really enjoyed this! Unfortunately the mosquitos were full force since it’s been warm and you’re along the water for the whole hike. And we determined it would be fun for our 5 year old nephew, but too tough for the younger ones due to all the rocks! But very interesting landscape and fun trail overall.

Great hike was only going to do a little but ended up completing the loop varied trail conditions, well marked and beautiful weather and views

Went in September. Only rough spot is coming down to cross dam. Great place to go with dogs.

Great hike. As of February 2020 the access road down to the trail head is still closed. You have to park a ways out. The walk down is pretty boring, but if you can deal with it, the hike is great. Good mix of areas that are more challenging with stretches of easy hiking.

There is a little bit of everything on this trail, rock scrambles, water features, caves (if you can find them) etc. I was pleasantly surprised and my two dogs had a great time! Only saw two people the entire time we were out. I will be back to explore more of the area and the blue blazed trails. Go!

This is a nice hike any time of year. There are nice stands of mature Hemlocks and Pines to the south of the pond. Beware, it can get wet and streams difficult to cross when it rains. It is also rocky in sections and a bit precarious with leaf cover.

Did trail counter clockwise. Like a whole new different trail and more difficult and longer.

Warning... would advise a trekking pole. Leaves are all down, covering the trail. Very slippery spots. Great hike on a beautiful day!

this was a fun trail with varied terrain... rock climbs were exciting.

recorded Green Falls Pond

Good trail. Not long or hard, but pretty rocky in some spots. I'd rate it more of a moderate trail for that reason.

It's a fun little trail.

Wed May 22 2019

Great trail for my dog and I. It took us an hour to complete with stops. If we did not stop I’d say it would have taken us 45 minutes. I would say this trail is family friendly, and with kids walking I’d say it would likely take 1.5 hours. I would recommend packing a picnic to enjoy at the picnic table near the swimming area.

Sun May 19 2019

Always a great trail.

Sun Apr 28 2019

Parking is open again. Nice little trail