Great Hill Mountain Loop

Great Hill Mountain Loop is a 3.7 mile loop trail located near Cobalt, Connecticut that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Quick walk through the woods and a few steep spots- nice view, very quiet :) also the old CCC camp site history is fascinating

Nice view after a short scramble then a nice long leisurely walk back to car. not too difficult.

I gotta say, I was expecting more but it was rather boring. The views aren't anything to write home about and it's just a hilly forest trail. Better places to go.

The view at the top is well worth it!!! Beautiful!!

I enjoyed the walk. little disappointed that the loop involved roads as well. Overall a good walk, I will be backà

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Monday, June 27, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Thursday, July 02, 2015

If you start on the road with the blue-marked trail head (starts where the tree is marked with two blue streaks with parking for two/three cars across the street) it starts pretty flat and gradually gets steeper and steeper. Once you hit the top (you'll know because there will be an option to go left or right) take a left. We went right and it seemed like it was descending so we turned around and continued in the opposite direction. Soon we were brought to an overlook obstructed by a few trees (as expected in nature). We descended on an un-marked route that took you to a different road than the one we started on. And the area we came out of had two other routes taking you into the woods - all three were unmarked. We used GPS and walked back to the road we started on.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Beautiful trail - I always hike the Shenipiset trail up to the Great Hill Mtn. lookout. Nice quick hike about 3.5 miles (1.5 - 2 hours) up and back w/ some steeper sections, but nothing to strenuous. Well maintained and well marked w/ blue blazes. Beautiful views all along the ridge of the trail and obviously from the lookout - almost like you could dive right into Great Hill Lake.