Gay City State Park Trail

Gay City State Park Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hebron, Connecticut that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Outer Loop Trail, 5 Miles Red blazed

This trail more-or-less rings the park and it’s about 5 miles. The northern half of the trail is pretty woodsy and the very northernest northern tip takes in a nice beaver pond. The southern half of the loop (south of the Gay City Trail) is the most remote area within the park and hits some nice stands of pine and hemlock as well as a few pond overlooks and stream crossings.

Nice hike.

Nice park and well kept trails. This was probably the busiest park I've visited in CT. The parking lot was full and I saw quite a few people on my way. I ended up taking the white trail to orange and continued along red until the end. At trail intersections there are maps locating where you are which I appreciated. Overall nice outing. I may go back with my dog.

Nice trail, well groomed and marked. The trail is more easy than moderate in its rating.

Gay City State Park is the place for us. Beautiful song birds, trails easily marked and water streams throughout the park on & 2 lakes.