Farmington Canal Linear State Park Trail

Farmington Canal Linear State Park Trail is a 10.9 mile out and back trail located near Cheshire, Connecticut that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.9 miles Elevation Gain: 118 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

rails trails

This is a nice, easy, relaxing ride that goes on for some distance. A very nice afternoon activity.

Fri Oct 20 2017

Always love this trail, esp the stretch from Cheshire to Hamden.

Tue Nov 03 2015

Did 20 miles on it today. It was just an ok walk. But it sure was nice out for the start of November.

Wed Sep 02 2015

When I want to take a long ride to New Haven, its by this trail. I really love the partial shade and the restaurants nearby.

Thu Jul 17 2014

I love this trail! I've been on it since I was a little girl. I've recently gotten back into walking everyday and it's really not that crowded and the people you do see always smile as you walk by. Very friendly! And a beautiful trail!

Fri Jun 06 2014

Very nice

Tue Oct 09 2012

I've been on this trail many a times. It's a flat walk on pavement and is very crowded. It has alot of roller blading, biking, and activity. It's a great walk NOT a hike I think. I think it's great for families with baby stollers that want to get outside. I personally like to stick to the woods with hills and views :)

Sun Aug 26 2012

What a great find. We started in Cheshire and headed down to Hamden, just after the Stop & Shop. We parked in the lot across the street from the trail-head. Bike trail is great! mostly flat, paved asphalt, a couple hills but not bad at all. Lock 13 was an excellent view of what the locks looked like back in the late 1800's.