Farmington Canal Linear State Park Trail

Farmington Canal Linear State Park Trail is a 11 mile out and back trail located near Cheshire, Connecticut that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Did 20 miles on it today. It was just an ok walk. But it sure was nice out for the start of November.

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

When I want to take a long ride to New Haven, its by this trail. I really love the partial shade and the restaurants nearby.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

I love this trail! I've been on it since I was a little girl. I've recently gotten back into walking everyday and it's really not that crowded and the people you do see always smile as you walk by. Very friendly! And a beautiful trail!

Friday, June 06, 2014

Very nice

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

I've been on this trail many a times. It's a flat walk on pavement and is very crowded. It has alot of roller blading, biking, and activity. It's a great walk NOT a hike I think. I think it's great for families with baby stollers that want to get outside. I personally like to stick to the woods with hills and views :)

Sunday, August 26, 2012

What a great find. We started in Cheshire and headed down to Hamden, just after the Stop & Shop. We parked in the lot across the street from the trail-head. Bike trail is great! mostly flat, paved asphalt, a couple hills but not bad at all. Lock 13 was an excellent view of what the locks looked like back in the late 1800's.