Farm River State Park Trail

Farm River State Park Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near East Haven, Connecticut that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

This is one of my favorite little hide outs! Small parking lot off a busy road (close to where I live so I go often!), with a nice path downhill before it evens out. Then there are number markers that you follow to a few nice look out spots! Some rocks you can choose to climb for better views (very easy). It’s usually free of people though I’ve run into others before. I’m not a runner but I’ve used this for a quick work out too!

I don’t get this hike. It’s like you have to go on peoples property to get to the sound which I cannot find. I was walking around the marsh and got mixed in with the shoreline greenway trail. They need to expand it or something and there’s so many gates to even get it. Isn’t this a state park? You have to have a code to get in a lot of the entrances. I saw in some pics people sunbathing on a beach. How do I get there? Tried this hike more than a few times

Nice easy trail with several off-spurs and a nature trail that shows you a diverse ecosystem. Ospreys nesting and egrets seen ... Crabs along the shore! Recommend downloading the CT DEEP map to get the nature trail mapping as well. You get a better idea of where you are as some paths aren't marked well.