Devil's Den Preserve Trail

Devil's Den Preserve Trail is a 7.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Weston, Connecticut that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.7 miles Elevation Gain: 774 feet Route Type: Loop

This route is a combination of several trails including Troop 7, Aspetuck, Godfrey, Dayton, Bedford, Den, Ambler, and Saugatuck Trails. NOTE: During the fall, the park may be closed occasionally for managed deer hunting. Please reference the page here for dates: https://www.nature.org/en-us/get-involved/how-to-help/places-we-protect/lucius-pond-ordwaydevils-den-preserve The link above also has a map of the park with junction numbers noted and a full list of visitor rules. The Devil's Den Nature Preserve closes at sunset, so please beware that you will be asked to leave if you are there as the sun goes down. The preserve does not allow pets.

recorded Devil's Den Preserve Trail

horrible, women approached me and walked me out because it was almost sunset... at 4 in the afternoon bruh

I would recommend this trail. It is pretty well marked in most places. The app kept saying I was off route in places I was not. The trail is rocky in places and some of the walkways need repair.

I would recommend this trail, however, either take a picture of the map or use the app, because it is easy to get onto a side trail and lose your bearings. The trail is well kept up and the preserve is beautiful.

Nice trail, make sure you download a map and snap a pic to your phone. Not much to see, otherwise a nice place to get some exercise in the woods.

What a great hike, many different trails to take. Cool homestead history on the hike. Well maintained and marked. We saw 3 wild turkeys

Very nice trails, to get some cardio going, without feeling like you’re going chuck your breakfast all over the fauna. Will make this a come back again trail.

recorded Devil's Den Preserve Trail

Great 8.5 miler! The view from the The Great Ledge is worth the hike.

recorded Devil's Den Preserve Trail

It's a nice place to hike with a few scenic spots and overlooks. Trails were mostly well maintained and marked but lots of intersections and poor signage cane make it a bit tricky to find your way

Pretty preserve but I'll never do this one again. I've never been in a place that has no rhyme or reason to the layout or trail markings. The map at the trailhead is an absolutely joke and no paper maps were available. Had I not downloaded the map off AllTrails, I have no idea how we would have found our way back to the car. Trails everywhere with the same color for different named trails, makes absolutely no sense at all. We clocked this at 9.4 miles because 1.2 of those miles were spent going OFF trail and trying to find our way back. If you're going to do this trail you better make sure you're well prepared. I look at other recordings and it seems MANY hikers have the same issue here. And to the few people who brought dogs - SHAME ON YOU - it's marked EVERYWHERE that no dogs are allowed.

Great hike, with a few challenging spots

Tue Nov 06 2018

beautiful park ..... but missing signage and maps for visitors and precautions in schedules. my husband and I got lost and another 4 people more ... ... the forest guards looked for us in the night there was good collaboration from the police, bonberos, ambulance thanks!

Mon Nov 05 2018

Really pretty, not too well marked in places but besides that a great day...

Sat Nov 03 2018

Great hike , it started out pretty easy but we found some really neat challenges on the higher elevations