Devil's Den Preserve Trail

Devil's Den Preserve Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Weston, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 7.5 miles Elevation Gain: 764 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail is not well-marked so make sure to use the app's recorder to make sure you don't get lost.

recorded Devil's Den Preserve Trail

recorded Devil's Den Preserve Trail

It's a nice place to hike with a few scenic spots and overlooks. Trails were mostly well maintained and marked but lots of intersections and poor signage cane make it a bit tricky to find your way

Pretty preserve but I'll never do this one again. I've never been in a place that has no rhyme or reason to the layout or trail markings. The map at the trailhead is an absolutely joke and no paper maps were available. Had I not downloaded the map off AllTrails, I have no idea how we would have found our way back to the car. Trails everywhere with the same color for different named trails, makes absolutely no sense at all. We clocked this at 9.4 miles because 1.2 of those miles were spent going OFF trail and trying to find our way back. If you're going to do this trail you better make sure you're well prepared. I look at other recordings and it seems MANY hikers have the same issue here. And to the few people who brought dogs - SHAME ON YOU - it's marked EVERYWHERE that no dogs are allowed.

Great hike, with a few challenging spots

beautiful park ..... but missing signage and maps for visitors and precautions in schedules. my husband and I got lost and another 4 people more ... ... the forest guards looked for us in the night there was good collaboration from the police, bonberos, ambulance thanks!

Really pretty, not too well marked in places but besides that a great day...

Great hike , it started out pretty easy but we found some really neat challenges on the higher elevations

Good moderate day hike. Couple of old ruins to check out along the way. Not well marked in some places though. Paper trail maps are never available and the hand drawn map at the entrance is not to scale so be sure to download the map ahead of time.

Beautiful day 9/1. Only 2 cars when I arrived at 9:30 am. Big hike for me, had a blast. There are a couple downed trees, but you climb or walk around. I would go back again. When I left at 12 there were more than 15 cars parked.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Good if you live in Fairfield County and don’t feel like driving too far to get into the woods for exercise...some broken glass at the only lookout spot, though.

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Great and local. As another commenter said, lots of bugs in Spring/early Summer. Almost none in fall. Nice lake. Some rocks for kids to scramble up. Great vibe as other hikers share the road, parking lot, and trails.

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Very pretty, but make *sure* you bring your bug spray!

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Love this place. Great trails for all skill levels.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Great trails. Good year round. Well blazed.

Saturday, December 09, 2017

Nice trail, not a lot of traffic. Beautiful trail for colors in the fall. Family friendly, took a bunch of kids ages 8-12 and it wasn’t too strenuous for them.

Friday, August 25, 2017

It was great except a lot of trails needed maintenance work