Devil's Den Preserve Trail

Devil's Den Preserve Trail is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Weston, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November.

take the merrit to exit 42 and take route 57 to route 53 turn left on godfrey rd to pent rd to the dead end

Nice trail, not a lot of traffic. Beautiful trail for colors in the fall. Family friendly, took a bunch of kids ages 8-12 and it wasn’t too strenuous for them.

It was great except a lot of trails needed maintenance work

NO MOUNTAIN BIKING...

One of my favorite trails. Lots of variety and scenery to explore. This is my go to spot either with the kids or a lone expedition.

This was my second time at this trail and it did not disappoint. Beautiful vantage points along the lake. Very easy trail to hike.

I really enjoyed this easy trail. the loop is about to 6 to 8 miles long. maybe a couple of hills not very steep. the only problem are signs: not always Easy to find. Nice view of a reservoir in the smaller loop. Make sure to bring repellent and water

A great place to hike!

Thursday, November 03, 2016

The place is beautiful!!!!

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Great spot - nice varied terrain - well marked trails

Monday, October 10, 2016

Went with my two year old grandson and you get to gorgeous spots almost immediately where you can just hang out in the woods!

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Not sure why this is labeled as difficult--the terrain was pretty much flat and well groomed and the markets were very easy to follow. A good place for trail running.

Monday, September 26, 2016

I loved this trail. Unfortunately we went later in the afternoon so we did not get a chance to complete the entire loop but for what we did walk; it was beautiful and so peaceful. I would highly recommend it.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Great trails but no views.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Trail was well maintained. There are several different trails with connectors in between so it turns into a choose your own adventure. The trail head has a large map and a sign in book. Take a map with you you will need it to find your way around the different connections. Not difficult at all. No great views from the "vista" but the pond/lake was awesome. BRING BUG SPRAY!!! Sprayed down before venturing out and had to reapply several times to avoid the swarming mosquitos! Overall great experience.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

I love Devil's Den. It's always a great adventure and you can spend upward of 2-3 hours there is desired. However, the bottom loop is not well marked and, in fact, the trail disappears. We tried to walk it from both ends - could not find the way. That's just as an FYI, otherwise awesome hiking.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Great first hike with my family. Even my teenagers enjoyed it. Trails marked well and the pond was so pretty. A lot of cars in lot but we rarely saw anyone on the trails.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Nice hike. Trail head was crowded, but once I got about 1/2 mile in, there was hardly anyone around. Main trails were flat and easy, but side trails had some terrain and rock scrambling. I don't understand the review saying trails weren't marked - almost every intersection has a post with a number that can be found on the map.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Cool- many trails- juts make sure you follow the easy to use map provided by the park as the pro closes at dark and you can't afford to get stuck in there after dusk.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

It's an easy hike but there are hardly any views.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

If you walk this from redding, would either get on from the great ledge or anywhere along the saugatuck trails, you will pass by an odd looking house painted creamsicle orange with an extravagant shade of purple. that is the house of the rolling stones guitarist Keith Richards. funny to have passed that a few years ago with my cousin while hiking it in the late summer