Crescent Lake Trail

Crescent Lake Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Plainville, Connecticut that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Great walk - we will go back

Beautiful! Red trail keeps you closest to the lake

Very nice! Took our 10 month old baby and we had a blast.

The red trail is no good. Theres a next level up and the trek is amazing. Theres a rock ledge to look off and the trail offers alot of variety.

Great hike with an amazing view to finish!

Easy trail, nice views, can be wet and might have to cross streams if it has rained a lot.

I should add the metacomet terminates on esther. st. I'm NewBritain...then if you walk down to west main you can do the blue blazed towards farmington.But it's a half mile or so on asphalt

Fun trail. Meets up with metacomet and you can walk half mile to blue blazed off west main st. new britain/Plainville line. This trail will take you over pinnacle mountain towards farmington! This is where the leather man's cave is. Good luck.

A little wet but that's because it rained yesterday. Wanted to get a hike in with my pup before the rain started again. Went the red trail around the lake - next time I'll go the orange up to the lookout!

We wanted to go on the larger trail, but we got there a little too late. The trail around the lake was very muddy, but quiet and relaxing. Everyone around us was pleasant too.

Monday, December 12, 2016

Easy but pretty & quiet- nice pines along both sides of the reservoir

Sunday, December 04, 2016

orange trail is very good, only takes about an hour and offers some nice views and a decent workout. take it counterclockwise for the best workout.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Enjoyable hiking trail. Good car parking area. Trail map at the beginning of the trail. Pay attention to follow the trail markers. I've hiked the orange trail a few times by myself. Following the orange markers prevented me from getting lost. I use a hiking staff, there are some elevations and fairly steep descents on the orange trail. There is also an easier trail which follows right along the lake edge.

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

trails not clearly marked. markings are outdated and off trail in some places. Beautiful woods and lake. nice place to get lost which is what we did

Monday, August 01, 2016

nice quiet easy trail

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Good workout, not too much incline. Nice loop and easy to follow. Lot of people fishing, some people on the trail.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Short little loop options. We did a couple. I wouldn't rate it hard, maybe two moderate sections. A nice view of the lake at one point.

Monday, July 04, 2016

Ducks were awesome.... where good ankle sneakers.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Crescent lake has a few trails. One around the lake that is moderately flat and easy. One upper trail that has a few climbs and is about 3 miles and then one to the right where you kind of do a loop. It's sad to see the top trail will be going away. They've already started cutting down trees. The only bad part about this trail is the "fisherman" smoking around the pond.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Beautiful, peaceful trail with a wonderful view!