Copp park

Copp park is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Groton, Connecticut. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking.

Great place to get the dog out and burn off some energy. Nice big dog park with a large and small dog areas. There's a nice well marked loop that's great for everyone...a bit bumpy with the stroller; though passable with a BOB. If you're feeling adventurous there are some off shoots that are less well maintained but fun.

Yellow trail was nice 30min walk. Has anyone done the blue/red trail.

Nice trails, cool dog park, eerie in winter

Great light day trail, kid friendly, dog park as well

Easy and fun for all ages, beautiful foliage and old rock walls.

Very dog friendly walked the whole trail with my dog off leash and didn't see a soul. The yellow trail is very easy to follow and well marked it's about 1.5 miles around. Wasn't enough for my pup and me so we went on to the green trail which wasn't well marked and very skinny trails with a lot of brush. Very steep hills to climb compared to the yellow trail it was moderate hiking. Eagle claw ledge was worth getting lost to see but dangerous for dogs. Only time I used my leash. Got so lost had to back track the way we came in. Not marked well at all. I do look forward to going back and exploring. All in All great experience

There are also red, and blue trails. The trails and off shoot trails pretty much cover the whole map area. If you are taking the off shoot trails I recommend a hand held gps, and a camel back or a few bottles of water. There are a few steep areas, where they do have ropes tied off to trees to assist you. There is also one spot on the trails where, in season you can see the wild orchid pink lady slippers. I have been out there many times, over about 5 years and still have not hiked all the trails.

Very nice easy trail. We followed the yellow trail. Just about a mile. It was easy to find.

First review a second ago was for three stars....this is NOT 4 stars which occurred when I saved my first edit. Someone is editing the rating system unbeknownst to users.

There are three (?) trails that meander around the park and a central pond (not shown on map). The two fenced-in dog parks are off the first trail to the right after the entrance. Left trail after entrance leads one to the balance of the park. Inadequate signage, no signs leading back to entrance (suggest stay on yellow trail--children will get lost--entrance at north/northwest end of park). Main trail is road dust for first 500 ft, then plain rock and mostly hard pressed dirt beyond; generally 5'-10' wide in most instances, Some grassy spots and level areas. Some rough terrain, mainly level with some rise. Not maintained off path. Quiet most areas--some highway noise distant. Suggest two--maybe three--rain shacks (w/police phone) or rest areas should be added. Also suggest a laminate trail map at entrance for park familiarization. Note dog park rules. First aid for cuts, scrapes, and bugs should suffice. Figure 2-3 hours for straight hike, longer for rest and sightseeing (best spot at very end of yellow trail where one can only go left or right--about 20 mins. in).

Great for kids and dogs.

Just completed this trail over the week-end, not to hard at first but some of the trail was hard to find and I had to double back twice. I found a lookout post called "EAGLECLAW LEDGE", great view and way up on top of the trail. I'm sure I'll do this trail again...have fun!

The trail is alright. It's not marked the best and I had a hard time finding the beginning. I first ended up by the dog park area and had to double back. I was able to find the the trail using the GPS on my phone.