Copp park

Copp park is a 2.3 mile loop trail located near Groton, Connecticut. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Did the loop with my dogs, easy walk, and was surprised by the Dog park at the end! My dogs were happy to have some socializing after their hike.

Decent sized park with wooded walking trails. We went off on one of the unmarked paths near the water which was nice. Pretty flat over all. Good for a short run or walk and easily accesable.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Very nice large dog park with small dog park fenced in right next to it. Nice, wide trails in the woods surrounding the dog parks. Lots of flora and fauna to see. Went in early spring and it was a bit too muddy for me but am looking forward to going in the summer when it is a bit more dried up. Beautiful otherwise.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Yellow trail was great for a jogging stroller for the most part! There was a section that was too wet and muddy for me to maneuver the three wheeled jogger through safely so we just turned around although if I had someone to help me carry it over it would've been easy peasy - can't wait to see the trail midsummer!

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Nice area they have fenced off for the dog park. Took the yellow trail, nice walk.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Great place to get the dog out and burn off some energy. Nice big dog park with a large and small dog areas. There's a nice well marked loop that's great for everyone...a bit bumpy with the stroller; though passable with a BOB. If you're feeling adventurous there are some off shoots that are less well maintained but fun.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Yellow trail was nice 30min walk. Has anyone done the blue/red trail.

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Nice trails, cool dog park, eerie in winter

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Great light day trail, kid friendly, dog park as well

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Easy and fun for all ages, beautiful foliage and old rock walls.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Very dog friendly walked the whole trail with my dog off leash and didn't see a soul. The yellow trail is very easy to follow and well marked it's about 1.5 miles around. Wasn't enough for my pup and me so we went on to the green trail which wasn't well marked and very skinny trails with a lot of brush. Very steep hills to climb compared to the yellow trail it was moderate hiking. Eagle claw ledge was worth getting lost to see but dangerous for dogs. Only time I used my leash. Got so lost had to back track the way we came in. Not marked well at all. I do look forward to going back and exploring. All in All great experience

Thursday, September 08, 2016

There are also red, and blue trails. The trails and off shoot trails pretty much cover the whole map area. If you are taking the off shoot trails I recommend a hand held gps, and a camel back or a few bottles of water. There are a few steep areas, where they do have ropes tied off to trees to assist you. There is also one spot on the trails where, in season you can see the wild orchid pink lady slippers. I have been out there many times, over about 5 years and still have not hiked all the trails.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Very nice easy trail. We followed the yellow trail. Just about a mile. It was easy to find.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Great for kids and dogs.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Just completed this trail over the week-end, not to hard at first but some of the trail was hard to find and I had to double back twice. I found a lookout post called "EAGLECLAW LEDGE", great view and way up on top of the trail. I'm sure I'll do this trail again...have fun!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The trail is alright. It's not marked the best and I had a hard time finding the beginning. I first ended up by the dog park area and had to double back. I was able to find the the trail using the GPS on my phone.

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Lots of side trails. The real beauty is a short hike from parking lot is a fenced in area to let your dogs off leash and socialize with other dogs. The area is split up for small and large dogs.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017