Cockaponset State Forest Road Loop Trail

Cockaponset State Forest Road Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Haddam, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Entrance is shared with some sketchy looking house but once past the house the trails are open, wide but flat. Alot of horse manure on trails as well

We parked off of Filley Rd and tried to follow the red blazes around Turkey Hill Reservoir.....unfortunately the trail abruptly ended at the reservoir and although we walked a little way up the paved road we came out next to, we didn't see a continuation of blazes. Other than the abbreviated duration, the trail was great. Easy, quiet & clear.

Nice views once you get to the top of the ridge. You can see Hartford as well New York State.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Friday, February 01, 2013

Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday, April 16, 2012

I havn't hit all of the trails yet but I intend to. What I've seen so far is beautiful. The trails on the North side by Turkey Hill Reservoir and between Filley Rd and Beaver Meadow Rd can be fast and fun. The mix of some loose stone and fallen trees on hard packed single track with decent grades can provide a great work out. The trails are generally short and don't seem to be any more than a few miles at most between roads.

I've only ridden on one trail by Pattaconk Reservoir. The challenge on this trail was completely and utterly rocks. It's possible to navigate through many of the rocks but there are places where only the highly skilled can pass without walking. A few small streams require dismount. I did not map this trail but I'll try in the future as long as my iPhone doesn't give out.

Chester biker