New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Cobble Mountain

Cobble Mountain is a 2.2 mile out and back trail located near Kent, Connecticut that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 695 feet Route Type: Out & Back

amazing views, not a great trail to do in the snow! we ran into a few spots where we questioned turning around. will be back to do again!!!

Beautiful view once you ascend. It’s relentless uphill for most of the trek, but gorgeous forest and foliage in the fall.

We went on Oct 21st. Perfect weather! Beautiful views at the top. I was the straggler but survived it! Bring a rope with a hook. We followed the blue trail. Lots of boulders but not impossible.

Started at the parking entrance but didn’t have service to record. Ended up walking back down the road, this trail connects to the blue trail just take it and you can hop off whenever onto the road!

I took the white trail up. It got challenging half way through and was a good workout. I decided to take the blue then green trail down. The blue trail was slow going and EXTREMELY steep. The path was practically vertical at one point.

Quick up and back- great for sunset! Really good incline.

A very nice workout routine with some steep and rocky pace. Not a hard/difficult level, but rather moderate in my opinion. The view is amazing on the top of Cobble mountain.

Hardest hike I’ve done in CT yet. Not technical at all, just very steep climbing. Nice view. I’d say it is pet friendly. My dog, which is like a springer could have come along. Good to bring trekking poles for some of the very steep climbs.

A nice, short challenge.

vaguely marked, bring a hiking stick, great view if you can make it to the top⛰️

This was a fun trail. My wife and I went up the white trail, we took a lot of breaks so none of it was ever too exhausting. It does have a small scramble if you don't have trekking poles but nothing treacherous. The view at the top is beautiful. There's a few different overlooks and each one has great sites. We came down using the blue trail to make it a loop. It had a couple of overlooks, one was very nice. If we were to do it again, we would just take the white trail back down. There's also quite a scramble on the blue trail. I think the AllTrails map is off. It recorded me doing 3.1 miles but our pedometers had us closer to 5.5 miles. Maybe it was as the crow flies and doesn't track elevation.

Probably one of the best trails in CT! Low mileage, but a beautiful viewpoint. I would rate it as moderate as opposed to hard. You'll work up a sweat, but it is very doable!

Absolutely great day to hike. It’s one of my favorites it’s an awesome work out challenging but very doable if you’ve hiked before. The views at the top are spectacular. Now we’re going to go get lunch.

to be continued someday it was the most dangerous rocky ledges ever seen my husband wanted to go back but i said no way and jumped

Not for the faint of heart, this trail features rock scrambles up and down. It’s worth the climbs to see breathtaking views of the northwestern corners of Connecticut. Great trail!

Thu Jun 07 2018

Love this hike. Close to home, challenging but just short enough that it isn’t too bad. The views are absolutely stunning at the top, and you can see as far as the Catskills. Definitely worth checking out~

Tue May 08 2018

just short of rock climbing. great workout.