Case Mountain Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(450)
Case Mountain Park

Case Mountain Trail is a 6.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Manchester, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 803 feet Route Type: Loop

Case Mountain provides several trails for hiking and mountain biking. At the summit, is a fantastic view of the Hartford skyline and the whole CT river valley-particularly awesome at sunset. The ascent is relatively strenuous, and in the Spring and Summer months, mosquitos are plentiful.

Great hike to overlook mountain from birch mountain road

Great early morning hike. Followed the pink trail to the summit and was rewarded with a great view

I took the pink trail with my dog up to the lookout. It is a lot of constant uphill climbing if you take the pink trail. For a more gradual/leisurely incline, I’d take the white trail. However, the white trail is mostly paved with rocks as opposed to the dirt paths on the pink trail and I typically prefer the dirt paths! Amazing view and lots of spots to sit at the vantage point once you make it. A great spot for photos or a picnic.

Only did about a mile and turned back because it was getting late. Would like to go back again and hike to the summit. Wide main trails clearly marked Rocky in some spots. Beautiful scenery with large ledge and huge rock formations. Awesome cardio workout

I'm not sure why people are recommending going along the blue blazed trail that spurs off the loop- sure, it doesn't have views like the lookout, but it's a really pretty walk in the woods - which is what a lot of hiking is. Plus, this is where you get away from the crowds. I decided to follow some other trails though and create a loop at the end of the blue trail instead of just turning around. I just found it odd this trail never actually goes to Case Mountain, so I'll come back and do that.

This trail is not difficult and not hard to navigate whatsoever. Very well blazed trails and I kind of made up my own route. Dont follow alltrails recording because after the loop the straight line leads to absolutely nothing on the blue trail unless you keep going. I ended up going to “case mountain” but it wasnt a view and it wasnt as I expected. I also followed the trail around the river and got to the abandoned cabin which I guess was cool, not much to do there but look and leave. The waterfall is right at the parking lot and its okay.

I just hiked the trail today. Good weather for a hike. It rained/snowed last night, which explains why some small portions of the trail were a bit muddy. The fog at the start of my hike made the trail seem a bit spooky, but that just added to this trails character. Speaking of character, this trail has a lot of it. The sheer amount of rocks on and around the trail is what makes this a moderately challenging hike for me. These rocks (and lots of boulders) are probably from the last ice age (I’m no geologist haha). Definitely a fun trail to spend 3 hours on. My only complaints are that there were no maps in the map box at the start of the trailhead, and the blazes need to be redone because they are fading pretty bad.

Probably should’ve chosen a different time to go, haha. Sunday morning on a nice day in winter called for tons of people and dogs on the trail. Not the best for introverts. BUT, good inclines if you’re looking to sweat, and nice winding wooded trails off the beaten path.

There is no reason to go beyond the Case Mt overlook area along the blue blaze. Nothing but new growth forrest and minor hills.

recorded Case Mountain Trail

Very pretty trail, unfortunately not marked well. We wanted to do the blue or pink route, but found both difficult to find, so we stayed on the white. We did end up seeing the pink after about 15 minutes, but the blue wasn't found until over 30 minutes of hiking. Would do this hike often if it was marked better. Even though it rained heavily the day before, the trail was only muddy in one spot.

Probably went the wrong time of year, tons of mosquitos.

This trail has a good view of the town in the distance below but there is a lot of broken glass at the top so be carful with your dogs. The trail markers (white especially) takes you in multiple directions to the top so it can become confusing but overall a good hike.

Great trail system and would be fun for MTB

Great hike to do with the family! Highly recommend hiking in the fall, beautiful view looking at the Hartford skyline.

Nice trail and the falls are very pretty. Not quite as impressive as I was expecting but nonetheless still enjoyable.

beautiful day to hike a nice trail. the waterfall, which is what I was looking for, is right at the beginning, but I really enjoyed the walk. wasn't too difficult for a trail rated moderate. steep at the start, but not much after that. if you just do the loop, it is about a 2.5 mile relatively easy trail.

Sun Jun 02 2019

A lot of different biking trails to explore off the main ones. Never get bored of this place!

Sat Jun 01 2019

I followed the pink trail starting from spring street up to the summit. The beginning of the trail will get your heart rate up - steady incline. Trails are well marked. The trail was dry, no mud but very buggy! Different Trails overlap each other at some points, so make sure your paying attention to the color markers!