Campbell Falls

Campbell Falls is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Norfolk, Connecticut that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Campbell Falls is one of the top waterfalls in Mass. The combination of the short and easy hike and the zig zagging plunge through a gorge makes this waterfall a great area to visit and photograph. Campbell Falls is a water fall that plunges and cascades 50 ft. The water plunges through a small gorge then cascades into a small pool.

Really pretty waterfall! Hike was short and easy. Seemed to be a lot of teenagers “hanging out” in the parking lot. Lock your car.

My wife and I did it with our 2,6, and 8 year olds, all of which were able to do trail even in drizzly conditions. Beautiful forest walk and falls. There was a bad stench upon arriving and we eventually noticed a dead beaver carcass which I found odd. Overall we enjoyed it!

Besides for the giant rain made pond, and not having GPS, which was totally fine, we decided to go for it! We were soaked, feet wet and muddy, but the falls are worth it! They were thunderous and spectacular!

We tried to start this hike from the southern parking lot in Connecticut, but there had been a lot of rain and the trail was flooded just past the parking lot. Not wanting to have wet shoes for the rest of the day. We drove around to the norther parking lot off Campbell Falls Rd. We started our hike form the parking lot just above the Falls. The hike was very short but steep. The frozen ground and Ice made it challenging especially for my 77 year old father. The view from the bottom of the Falls was very impressive, we also followed a side trail up the dirt road and bridge directly above the falls.

One of my favorite spots!

Nice water fall

Cool little hike with an awesome waterfall at the end!

Really quiet, secluded Forrest. Waterfall is nice, pretty easy hike but everything is really mossy so watch your footing

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Easy hike with a great payoff. The waterfall was amazing!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Short enjoyable hike unless you walk in from the Connecticut side. CT trail gives you a longer walk. Beautiful for pictures!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

I gave it a 3 for the waterfall. Besides that, it was probably the most boring trail I'd ever hiked...I was expecting it to be a bit longer, or more to it, but its seriously there only for the waterfall, which is VERY beautiful! So if that's what you're interested then its a good short walk, not a hike, to the falls. Enjoy!

Monday, November 07, 2016

This is a super short hike that leads to a surprisingly awesome outcome! Definitely a great spot to take photos and hang out.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Easy hike to beautiful tall waterfall. About 200 steps down incline so expect same going back up.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

short hike, but the waterfall is so pretty!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Pretty falls, but a very short walk.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Fun, easy hike. Beautiful waterfall! I could sit there all day and watch the water.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Short and easy hike, great for folks with kids.

Monday, August 03, 2015

Really easy walk down, and back up! The falls are really nice to! Certainly in the better, if not best category in the area!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

One of the best waterfalls in MA. It's a short an easy hike down to a 50 ft. plunge and cascade through a narrow gorge.

Friday, June 16, 2017