Buckingham Reservoir Trail

Buckingham Reservoir Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glastonbury, Connecticut that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is somewhat limited.

A good place with kids. A few downed trees to climb over. Otherwise fairly easy. There’s a nice clearing for a picnic.

The hike to the reservoir itself is a straight shot of

Very pleasant and moderate. Markers along the way would help with navigation. The APP's GPS was very useful.

I️ loved it and so did my pup. Lots of trails

This was a nice hike/walk however the trails are very poorly marked making it very confusing to navigate.

There's no doubt about it; this place is beautiful. However, I did get lost on the south side of the reservoir because the trails are not marked.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Quiet leisurely stroll around the reservoir enjoying the white pine needle softness underfoot and the fern garden.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

This is a relatively easy trail minus a few muddy spots from recent rain to look out for. Just walk around. Beautiful views along the way!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

What a beautiful day we had for our first hike to the reservoir! The dogs loved the run and going for a swim. We saw ducks enjoying their life on the water. Very peaceful setting. Also met some nice people and their very well behaved dogs on the trail.

Monday, March 06, 2017

OK; very peaceful. No trail markers to speak of. Will do the opposite side of the reservoir next time.

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

I love this trail! ❤

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Leading up to and through the walk around most of the north side of the reservoir, we had no problems and the atmosphere was great! However, the trail is never marked, and it became a problem along the south side. Trying to find/follow trails was so frustrating, we weren't able to appreciate the walk back. Still worth it, just try to follow the reservoir whenever the trail fails you. Also, the app's GPS was a huge help, it's worth bringing along!

Monday, October 03, 2016

Hiked this trail with the hubby, our two girls (2 yrs and 9 mo) on our backs and our dog. Had a great hike in to the reservoir where we enjoyed a picnic lunch. What a great place so close to home!

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Beautiful walk around reservoir!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Trail was not marked at all but the GPS on the app helped. It does have some nice views of the reservoir. Couple spots you have the option to climb up pretty high so this increases the workout. Lots of people by the water

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Very nice.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Beautiful trail around the reservoir. Varied terrain. Easy enough to take a group of cub scouts!

Monday, July 04, 2016

great walk. was difficult to find the path at end of reservoir. other hikers led us on.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Lovely. Required some rambling.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Great easy hike in a beautiful secluded area. Clear wide trails most of the way, easy to follow native trails next to water all around reservoir. Looking forward to going back again soon.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Nice hike and views.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

It was a nice hike, enjoyed the view of the water but when we continued on with the other half of the trail we got lost a couple times because trail was not marked, it was confusing lucky I had my phone and was able to use the GPS to find my way back. I most likely won't do this trail again .

Monday, February 29, 2016

Beautiful scenery, lots of people and dogs. The trails were not marked well and we went off course a few times which made the total mileage 5. Some loud 4-wheelers etc on the trails by the electrical lines. Despite the crowd we really enjoyed this walk.

Monday, December 07, 2015

Enjoyed my time here with nature's beauty and hidden gem this place is. I was upset at the amount of unleashed dogs I encoutered. During my visit I counted 12 unleashed dogs, one which bolted at me and one that jumped on me. besides that with weather depending, I recommend this destination for your next adventure.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I frequent this spot because it is so beautiful. Either side of the reservoir is nice but I usually go to both when I visit.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Great hike all the way around the reservoir!

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

We went around the entire reservoir and were amazed at what a beautiful hike it was : )

Sunday, August 04, 2013

This is a beautiful spot to hike, dogs can run off leash. Follow main wide paved trail which turns to gravel about a quarter mile in. At meadow, follow up hill over stone wall and u will b treated with amazing views of the reservoir. Follow path to the right pass pump house and you will be at top of res, follow back opposite direction and u can hike half way around it! A few open spots to stop and take in scenery and let dogs swim!