Bluff's Head is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Northford, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 347 feet Route Type: Loop

I love this place, I've been here several times, the time I go down 77 I try to make a point to come up here, awesome views of top you can see Hartford and the ocean off of one look out it's amazing and yeah it's just a nice nice small trail love it highly highly recommended

great trail with river and lake views. only downside is the last stretch you have to walk on the side of the road for about a half mile to get back to the bluff head parking lot

Great trail and great view. Well maintained but loop is only marked to lookout. Blue blaze trail will bring you back to parking lot. Very steep and very high cliff. We kept our dog on leash. Not a easy trail not good for kids.

Tue Oct 23 2018

Hard upclimb. Small outlook but beautiful. Trail has other paths so you dont really bump into anyone else.

Sun Sep 09 2018

Took Bluff Head loop, but the trail starts as orange/blue blaze, which ends at lookout point. If you do a loop, the orange disappears, which makes it confusing since there are several other trails in this area. I'm glad I wasn't by myself.

Sat Jan 20 2018

Trail was well maintained and has a nice lookout. I'm not sure I would call it kid-friendly, after the lookout which is a cliff the trail is very steep and not safe for a young child.

Mon May 08 2017