Bear Mountain Trail

Bear Mountain Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Salisbury, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Awesome trails... It can kick your but if you're not ready. Loved every minute of it!

Great hike! I took paradise first, which was defiantly the way to go. Most of the trail is not difficult except for the the scramble towards the peak, which was a lot of fun. Took me about 3 hours to do the full loop. Awesome view from the top.

Always a favorite hike for me to bring the kids on and introduce them to nature. Bring some treats incase you happen to run into some thru hikers doing the whole AT

Did the loop--I recommend hitting paradise trail 1st (beautiful wooded trail) and ascend Bear Mt from the north-steep scramble-going up better than down. Added bonus is when descending south side there are great views. Very crowded on top. Overall trail is in great shape and with the exception of steep north side the grade is mild to moderate.

Fantastic hike.

Fun day hike that I did with my lab. A few rock faces that you need to scramble, but my dog was just fine. The loop took us 5 hours total but we probably took 1.5 hours worth of breaks (the top has amazing views plus we went off to the ravine on the way down so the dogs could play in the water).