Beacon Cap via Naugatuck Forest Trail

Beacon Cap via Naugatuck Forest Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Beacon Falls, Connecticut that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike. No place to park and the entrance on the side of the road.

The trail is very undulating but for the most part very relaxing. Lots of foliage keeps you out of direct sun light.

Very nice hike. Like a walk in an enchanted Forest. Just be careful. I went counter clockwise. If you go this way you come to the back of a trail sign mid way through the loop. At that point the markers were highly visible so I went straight only to notice a mile later I was off the loop. I doubled back and realized I should have gone left at the trail sign where the marker was less visible.

Nice easy walk in the woods.

I love this Mtn. I put hiking down. However there is far more to do... My SAR/ADA Dog

Great snowy hike today. We parked in the commuter lot, crossed the street and walked up a side street to find the trail head. It was easy to find and everything was very clearly marked. We will definitely go again.

To make this trail a loop, there was a junction with another trail that was not clearly marked. We ended up going back but loved the trail otherwise. Will defiantly return to figure it out ( but with more supplies!)

nice hills

Saturday, June 03, 2017

My girlfriend and I went up the white trail. It was a great experience and we caught a bunch of awesome scenes!

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Favorite trail for a beautiful view

Sunday, April 23, 2017

I can't wait to explore more . Today was a great day of hiking .

Monday, March 13, 2017

Great hiking trail with good views at the top!

Monday, February 06, 2017

Great hike, multiple views, not to difficult.

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Good hike, Nice view, pretty stream. My dog loved it

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Nice hike.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Love this trail not hard but has that A T vibe no real over looks but nice

Sunday, August 14, 2016

nice hike, not much in way of hills or scenic views but well marked. I would suggest parking at the Veterans Memorial Park about an 1/8 of a mile past where directions tell you to park. walk around the pond and pick up the trail there

Sunday, August 07, 2016

I got lost a little bit, but this app helped a lot. go exploring and have fun. the landscape is magical in there.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I got lost

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Naugutuck state first was so great it made my girl cum. Twice! We will definitely be returning soon.

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Took the Whittemore Trail (blue/white blazed) to the Naugatuck Forest Trail. Went right on the blue blazed trail and followed back to Rt 42. This is a nice hike of moderate grade change. My terrier and I had a great time.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Nice trail, moderate climb but the smell from the sewage plant just ruins the day. If you park in the commuter parking lot off of Exit 25, take a right out of the parking lot back towards highway and then a left onto the dead end road, Andrasko Road, you will see the entrance to the trail there.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

7.5.2015 Just hiked the Beacon Falls side from route 42 trailhead to the CAP. Used MapMyHike, gps clocks it as 7.14 miles out and back. Very nice hike, easy/moderate, nothing too challenging.

Friday, April 24, 2015

Simply put this is a great trail. There are a few (4) Different trails. Blue is great to learn the area, about halfway up main trail (BLUE), you will see a man made tight trail 2 to 3 Ft. Wide, compared to main trail of 5 to 6ft. Take that trail it will be on your left side (10 PACES past a small 7° rock that you climb & 8ft past a big dead fall Oak).. it a bit of an UP Hill, but this will save you about an hour + (depending on speed kids etc) to the peak. Once at the top, trees are level face left 90° and walk about 40 feet. Amazing cliff face over look. Someone took my flag down , so I'll be up there this Sunday w/ my pup replacing it. Best view of High Rock overlooking Rte 8. On a clear day 15 to 20 mile viability. As always be safe have fun & leave nothing but foot prints behind and try not to even leave those. Respectfully : Kevin ... If you want a fun BILLY GOAT TRAIL DOWN WATERFALL SIDE SEND ME AN EMAIL... OMG AMAZING TRECK AND VIEWS...My personal favorite...

Saturday, September 13, 2014

First time hike and definitely a challenge. Used the park map on my smartphone and trekked through 6+ mile of well groomed trails and a few manmade ones. The hike is full of good elevations with some excellent scenic landings. If you're up for a 2+ hour hike I definitely recommend visiting this forest.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

When hiking this trail it is my recommendation that you start at the Naugatuck trailhead on Route 42 in Bethany. The trail is blazed blue. You start out on a forest road. Make sure that you get off the forest road and keep on the blue blazed trail to the right. If you begin at Andrasco Road you will be hiking .6 miles along Route 8 and watching nothing except the cars going by. If you decide to make this a point to point trip you should not hike beyond the Spuce Knoll Trail which is blazed blue/red. If you do continue all that will happen is that you will descend to the Route 8 section. Spruce Knoll is a very small detour and worth it to complete the route even though it has only seasonal views. The complete trip including up-and-down the Beacon Cap Trail which is blazed blue/yellow makes the total trip approximately 6 miles one-way which includes the Spruce Knoll and the Beacon Cap divergence for a round trip total of 11 miles. A shorter but more interesting hike is to make the trip into a loop of approximately 3.6 miles. At .7 miles from the trailhead you will reach the Beacon Cap Trail. Ascend and descend the trail. There are nice views to the east before you reach the cap and nice all around views at the cap. Total altitude gain of 350 feet. Then continue West on the Naugatuck trail until you reach the Wittemore Trail blazed blue/white. Continue on this trail for .8 miles which will bring you back to Route 42 approximately .1 miles West of the Naugatuck trailhead.