Appalachian Trail, Northwest Connecticut and Southwest Massachusetts

Appalachian Trail, Northwest Connecticut and Southwest Massachusetts is a 16.2 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Salisbury, Connecticut that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking and camping. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

a good workout. be aware of black bear in Bear MT area. I did encounter one. Luckily I was unharmed.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Beautiful and so much fun!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Such an awesome section of the AT! So many good views! I hiked from Great Falls at Falls Village, to Sheffield Rd.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Friday, January 01, 2016

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

I've gone twice already and loved the views once I got to the top. Highest peak in CT. I just started my hiking journey and loved this challenge. Being that it was difficult, I can't go back and do any easy trails.. Everything from here on out must be a moderate to hard trail.. I love the outdoors and can't wait for my next adventure!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Saturday, November 15, 2014

My wife and I took the dog for the 5.6 mile out-and-back hike from the AT parking lot on Under Mountain Road/Rt. 41 in Salisbury to the Lion's Head peak. It was a beautiful day and a walk that got the heart pumping with lots of elevation gain. There were two challenges. First, there was a fresh load of very slippery dry oak leaves covering much of the trail. SLIPPERY is the key word. Also, the blazes were sometimes few and far between, an especially challenging wrinkle when the trail itself is covered. In spite of that, the view form Lion's Head is worth every slip, near-trip, and sweat drop. Take a few hours, pack a sandwich, and go for it!

Thursday, October 02, 2014

When we did this, we went SoBo. This is a great section. From Salisbury to Rt. 7/112 is a very easy section with a few uphills. We took our youngest son who has very little hiking experience and he blew through it. The section past Rt. 7/112 isn't difficult, it is just a lot of ups and downs, so if you take this route, be prepared for that. I would recommend from Salisbury to Falls Village though.