Learn more

Appalachian Trail: Bear Mountain to Race Brook Falls

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(25)
Mount Riga State Park

Appalachian Trail: Bear Mountain to Race Brook Falls is a 9.2 mile point-to-point trail located near Salisbury, Connecticut that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as difficult and is primarily used for hiking, camping, nature trips, and backpacking.

Distance: 9.2 miles Elevation Gain: 2,647 feet Route Type: Point to Point

We joined the trail just north of Bear Mountain and kept on over Mt. Everett to Glen Brook as part of a multi-day backpacking trip on the AT. Trail is clearly marked and easy to follow. Part beautiful forest trail and part ridge trail with gorgeous views (it was gorgeous and sunny the day we did it), it's a great trail.

Nice hike up- views were great- not too difficult.

bridge out
Wed Jun 26 2019

I went Last Year in August and the day we went it began to thunder and rain when we got off of Bear mountain, and later down the trail when we needed to cross a river by sages ravine, the bridge to cross had a foot of water over it so we had to go a little down the river and hold on to a log and cross, my whole pack along with my sleeping bag, and clothes, and my phone got soaked, and my phone didn’t work afterwards. Rough trail at some spots, beautiful views on the mountains, good experience!

Sat May 04 2019

Tue Apr 23 2019

It was sick

Thu Apr 04 2019

good day hike, couple of steep parts

Sat Jul 28 2018

nice hike it was very foggy in the morning so we had no views from near mountain. but after bear mountain we continued to a ravine can't remember the name but it had some nice waterfalls and nice hike, then up to I think race mtn with some nice views and finally down to race brook falls, which was very cool by now we were beat and ready to get to car. overall nice hike and well marked and being partly on the AT we got to meet some cool people from all over the country.

Sat Feb 25 2017