Zimmerman Lake Trail

Zimmerman Lake Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

beautiful place to snowshoe!

Hiked this trail over the weekend in our first snowshoeing experience. Parking lot was almost full when we pulled in. Saw a mixture of snowshoers and skiers during our couple of hours. FYI, the trail was not near as packed around the actual lake. All told, it took us a couple of hours to do the full trail.

Good place to start backpacking. Allows you to reach other pearls such as iron mountain if you want to stay out for a while. There's also a beautiful plateau you can reach for a day hike. Gorgeous views.

Nice hike for beginners, yet challenging.

Was a great easy hike with a beautiful lake!

Friday, January 22, 2016

This was the first time my wife and I have gone snowshoeing and we had a great time. Nice trail for beginners.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Great! Saw lots of wildlife.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Perfect weather and snow conditions today! I took my wife out for her very first snowshoe trip and she loved it. It is steep enough to get the heart rate up a bit if you go fast, but not so steep to keep beginners from enjoying the trip.

We made it up in about an hour I think (lots of breaks for pictures), lunch + cocoa, back down in 40 minutes or so.

It was nice having two feet of fresh powder to cushion us the whole way!

fly fishing
Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Short hike to lake on path/service/logging trail? Great lake for fly fishing but not catching. Incline to lake.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Quick, almost straight up. Zimmerman Lake just suddenly appears. Saw a moose tromping through the water. Great views of the southern Rawahs.