Yankee Hill Road

Yankee Hill Road is a 15.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

badass area love it!

off road driving

this trail might be my favorite of all my travels. two or three obstacles took two or three tries. most obstacles i at least had to think about for a second. it's about my max difficulty i'd want to take on while by myself. you think it's over and then you look right like "ohhhh THATS probably yankee hill..." its very steep and is covered in loose brick-sized rocks. its much scarier looking from the bottom, but once you're two car lengths into it you're thinking "no problem." make sure you do this step because at the top might be one of my favorite views of all time. 360º views, i was blown away.

07 ranger manual
bilsteins
13psi
33"
no lift
no locker
no sway bar

youtube trail channel: b roll offroad (yankee hill coming soon!)

have fun!

off road driving

Took the family off roading in the Stock 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Had 1 section that was really washed out and another Jeep and I turned around to avoid some large boulders. There was a cut through road I believe it was 173.1, but it's not marked on the app. Check my driving log. It was much easier and came out just on the other side of the washed out area with large boulders.

The trail up to Yankee Hill was much more compact today, and we easily made it all the way up.

Snapped a few pictures, threw a few snowballs, headed out the backside of the trails to call it a day. 10/10

off road driving

on of my favorite places

off road driving

This was my first time on this trail, as well as the first time out with my lifted Jeep Wrangler. Most of the trail was easy but there are some very deep water holes that an average vehicle may have trouble with. The toughest section was near the end, or near the start, depending on where you enter the trail. With my sway bar disconnects, 3" lift and 35's, it was fine but again, a stock vehicle would have some issues. Specially if you had to climb this section.

Great time, definitely couldn't do it in a stock jeep though. Some really rocky sections which would have been really challenging without good tires at least. We had to use a winch to get unstuck in one section because the YJ in the group got a bit ambitious with their route choice. Lots of cool forest roads to choose from up there, and neither of the jeeps got damaged so all in all a great trip

off road driving

we have gone up many times in our sxs and have enjoyed it every time. Some of the trails should be marked as difficult for 4x4s because of very big boulders sharp rocks and grade. And make sure you are equipped for anything has we have seen flats, broken Suspensions, stuck trucks , and completely burned out Polaris chassis.

off road driving

My favorite off road trail so far.

Nice trail, very rocky but nothing hard. The books we were following were a bit confusing and we ended up on Cumberland Gulch. We still had fun though.