Yankee Hill Road

Yankee Hill Road is a 15.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

This was my first time on this trail, as well as the first time out with my lifted Jeep Wrangler. Most of the trail was easy but there are some very deep water holes that an average vehicle may have trouble with. The toughest section was near the end, or near the start, depending on where you enter the trail. With my sway bar disconnects, 3" lift and 35's, it was fine but again, a stock vehicle would have some issues. Specially if you had to climb this section.

Great time, definitely couldn't do it in a stock jeep though. Some really rocky sections which would have been really challenging without good tires at least. We had to use a winch to get unstuck in one section because the YJ in the group got a bit ambitious with their route choice. Lots of cool forest roads to choose from up there, and neither of the jeeps got damaged so all in all a great trip

off road driving

we have gone up many times in our sxs and have enjoyed it every time. Some of the trails should be marked as difficult for 4x4s because of very big boulders sharp rocks and grade. And make sure you are equipped for anything has we have seen flats, broken Suspensions, stuck trucks , and completely burned out Polaris chassis.

off road driving

My favorite off road trail so far.

Nice trail, very rocky but nothing hard. The books we were following were a bit confusing and we ended up on Cumberland Gulch. We still had fun though.

off road driving

Awesome place for off road driving TERRIBLE place to camp/hike. There is a shooting range close to the top, which is very dangerous. Loud from all the gun shots and ATV/Moto/Off road vehicles.

off road driving

Really nice trail. Some easy spots and some tough spots. Moderate traffic on a Tuesday.

Decided to take this back home from Blackhawk today. Great trail and my 16 Jeep Renegade with stock tires did great. I had to get out a few times to guide over some terrain and one place we ended on two tires but other than that pretty proud of my Jeep and the driver, my husband.