Yankee Hill Road

Yankee Hill Road is a 15.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, Colorado that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for off road driving. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

off road driving

Had a lot of fun, some snow but never any issues, just added some fun to a fairly easy trail.

off road driving

Very cool trail with the right difficulty of obstacles. amazing 360º views at the top. yankee hill itself is a fun steep loose rock climb but no one had any problems. if you'd like to see a video of the run i have one up at:

07 ranger manual

no sway bar

youtube trail channel: b roll offroad

have fun!

off road driving

Took the family off roading in the Stock 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Had 1 section that was really washed out and another Jeep and I turned around to avoid some large boulders. There was a cut through road I believe it was 173.1, but it's not marked on the app. Check my driving log. It was much easier and came out just on the other side of the washed out area with large boulders.

The trail up to Yankee Hill was much more compact today, and we easily made it all the way up.

Snapped a few pictures, threw a few snowballs, headed out the backside of the trails to call it a day. 10/10

on of my favorite places

off road driving

This was my first time on this trail, as well as the first time out with my lifted Jeep Wrangler. Most of the trail was easy but there are some very deep water holes that an average vehicle may have trouble with. The toughest section was near the end, or near the start, depending on where you enter the trail. With my sway bar disconnects, 3" lift and 35's, it was fine but again, a stock vehicle would have some issues. Specially if you had to climb this section.

Great time, definitely couldn't do it in a stock jeep though. Some really rocky sections which would have been really challenging without good tires at least. We had to use a winch to get unstuck in one section because the YJ in the group got a bit ambitious with their route choice. Lots of cool forest roads to choose from up there, and neither of the jeeps got damaged so all in all a great trip

off road driving

we have gone up many times in our sxs and have enjoyed it every time. Some of the trails should be marked as difficult for 4x4s because of very big boulders sharp rocks and grade. And make sure you are equipped for anything has we have seen flats, broken Suspensions, stuck trucks , and completely burned out Polaris chassis.

off road driving

My favorite off road trail so far.

Nice trail, very rocky but nothing hard. The books we were following were a bit confusing and we ended up on Cumberland Gulch. We still had fun though.

Awesome place for off road driving TERRIBLE place to camp/hike. There is a shooting range close to the top, which is very dangerous. Loud from all the gun shots and ATV/Moto/Off road vehicles.

off road driving

Really nice trail. Some easy spots and some tough spots. Moderate traffic on a Tuesday.

Decided to take this back home from Blackhawk today. Great trail and my 16 Jeep Renegade with stock tires did great. I had to get out a few times to guide over some terrain and one place we ended on two tires but other than that pretty proud of my Jeep and the driver, my husband.

Good mix of terrain and views. A great way to spend an afternoon.

off road driving

Great trail for beginners to intermediate wheelers. Nothing to strategic. Plenty of beautiful scenic views and tons of spots to pull over and have lunch. This trail goes straight through and drops you off about a mile away from Loch Le Mond which is another easy trail.

Great trail. definitely a must do.

off road driving

This is a great trail. A normal stock jeep will be fine up to 5.6 miles. Beyond that there is a boulder field that will give you trouble. Amazing views.

awesome trail!!