Wormhole Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Trinidad, Colorado that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 370 feet Route Type: Loop

From I-25 South, take exit 15, and take a right at the light onto Goddard Ave. In about a half-mile, take another right onto Arizona Ave. Pass a cemetery on your left and then make a left onto County Road 26.8. The trailhead will be just a few hundred feet down CR 26.8 before it makes a sharp right.

I thought it was a nice trail to stretch my legs on a road trip. at a steady Pace it took me about an hour. A lot of trash in the beginning part, but once you start going up it starts to be a lot cleaner of a trail. nice mix of pretty views of the city and on the other side more nature scenic.

icy

My spouse and our dogs enjoy this hike very much. it can be challenging especially gaining altitude. it takes about an hour and a half to hike it taking your time. there are some parts of the trail that lead you close to the cliff-edge, but it is safe. fabulous views of Trinidad and surrounding landscape.

icy

I love this trail. View from the top is awesome! Lots of cool rock formations to check out and climb on. Very rocky trail with loose dirt. I can see it being very muddy when it rains. Parts of the trail are steep and treacherous. Had to walk my bike part way up and part way down. But the parts I could ride were really fun and exciting. Gonna leave my bike home next time and hike it!

The trail was a little challenging in a few stretches for those of us who live in low elevation...but great views at the top!

Absolutely covered with broken glass. There was no way through or around without destroying our dog’s paws.

Nice hike up the elevation on this side of Trinidad. When you arrive at the trailhead, take the trail to the north. After about a half mile you’ll reach the wormhole loop, take either direction. This will take you around to some lovely views of the hills and mountains to the west and Trinidad and the plains to the east. Took me about 1h 20m total, beginner and out of shape hiker.

So I went left instead of right at the trail head. My wife reminded me that she had said it was over to the right. So I guess I didn’t really get it done. Still it was a good way to work off lunch.

Fri May 24 2019

Sun May 12 2019

I wouldn't say dog friendly or mountain bike. There are cliffs!

Fri Apr 19 2019

Beautiful hike!!

Tue Apr 09 2019

I did the trail in sport shoes- wished for my hiking boots at the start and the end when doing elevation. Once at the top it is flat. Nice views. One side of the bluff looks out over Trinidad. The other side over valley and another short range of mountains and Fisher’s Peak

Sun Mar 24 2019

Sun Mar 24 2019

Nice little trail off the beaten path - there are no signs to get there and it definitely looks like you're going the wrong way, and then there's a trailhead. Quick but steep climb up and then a lovely stroll around the mesa. My dog helped find the path the few times we lost it - it can get a bit hidden in the rocks, but as it's a loop with a cliff on one side it would be pretty hard to actually get lost. I'd wear good shows just because of all the rocks, though most of the actual path is dirt.

Mon Mar 11 2019

great trail. the dogs love it. beautiful views of fishers peak

Sat Jul 28 2018

Nice trail once you get above the trash strewn around the trailhead and the first 1/4 mile or so. (It’s near the town dump.) Nicely maintained, well marked, and great views along the loop at the top. Great for all ages and abilities.

Thu Mar 15 2018

Nice hike in Trinidad CO. Unique in that there are not nearly as many trails in the area as in the metro areas. Most of the elevation gain is in the first half-mile. I attempted to trail-run this in minimalist shoes, which was difficult, as there are many nugget-sized sharp rocks along the route. It does offer good views over the city of Trinidad and to Fishers's Peak at the top.