Wilcox Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Collins, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 9 feet Route Type: Loop

Easy, loop trail. Mostly shaded but a sun hat is helpful. During May, the phlox are in bloom and beautiful.

Short but sweet! Bring your bug spray!

First time trying out trails in general and this was a great first choice! I plan on coming back for a nice jog.

Short but beautiful walk.

recorded Wilcox Trail

Neat little trail, close to home. The wildflowers are really pretty right now.

Good trail to hike with kids. Leave the dogs at home. They aren’t allowed on this trail.

Nice trail for little kids. Flat and easy to follow. Lots of mature cottonwood trees and a few nature description signs.

The trail is all hard ice right now making it very challenging to walk comfortably on it. Looks like it would be nice in the spring or without ice.

This trail is decent enough if you have small kids. Flat walkways, no scenic views/mountains. We went in the summer (late August) and the waterways were all dried up, which was kind of a bummer. Make sure to bring plenty of bug spray and sun screen.

MOSQUITOS.

Location is perfect, as it’s about a mile walk from work, but beware of bugs! Lots and lots of mosquitos! I wore bug spray and still got a few bites, coworkers who didn’t wear spray got eaten alive.

Thu Apr 18 2019

This area is also known as the ELC (Environmental learning center)

Tue Apr 09 2019

Good easy strolling trail, but bad time to go since everything is dead and the river is dried up.

Tue Mar 19 2019

Sun Mar 17 2019

Mon Feb 04 2019

Nice short, easy hike! Took my 3 year old and he loved it!

Fri Feb 01 2019

Sun Jan 06 2019

This was my first Colorado trail. I took my 4 year old boy so needed a small trail so I picked this one. Very flat and although it’s the middle of January, we had to remove our jackets. We saw grassland, rivers and even 5 deer. Very pretty and not too busy. I would have given this trail 5 stars but as I walked in and out all you could smell was the water treatment plant which is right next to the trail. It was very bad. Not sure if it’s always this bad so just keep that in mind.

Tue Dec 04 2018

Easy trail in Fort Collins that loops. Has some great views to the river and informative signs about wildlife and environment along the path. Dogs aren’t allowed!

Sat Oct 27 2018

I was really excited to walk the trails with my puppy but since there was no mention of no dogs allowed until getting into it, we weren’t able to go on it.

Thu Sep 27 2018

Great walk for kids! Plenty to explore-beaver habitat, tall grass meadows, and river critters! We will do this one over and over to see the seasons change!

Wed Sep 26 2018

Sat Aug 26 2017

Great walk for the whole family. Parts of the trail by the river, in the open, and in the trees. Informative signs along the way...at least I think they were informative, I was just looking at the pretty pictures. I did see a couple deer along the way too.

Tue Aug 01 2017

This is an easy trail with lots to see. Much of it has shade from the trees but you may also have to put up with plenty of mosquitos.

Sat Jun 17 2017

Great with kids today 5-9 yr old . Easy flat trail. Beautiful huge cottonwoods, song birds, ducks on creek,