White Ranch Loop

White Ranch Loop is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Very peaceful trail. Low to no traffic. Easy terrain through and through.

Fun, scenic hike where you will see hikers, bikers and people on horseback. We are beginner hikers and the incline was pretty challenging but doable - even with a 20 lb baby on your back. Super close to downtown Golden for a bite after you’re finished!

I did this trail along with Belcher Hill trail. It was nothing but muddy trails (60% of the trails were covered with mud!!) even 10 days past after the last snow and it has been warm days(Today was 57F). If you enjoy mud run/hike, do it!

So... many... bikers... and the trail was so-so

STAY AWAY. The trail is great, it is a moderate trail and well groomed. Don't get turned around or your hike could become very difficult and long. The reason for the 1 star rating are the people. A ridiculous amount of mountain bikers with no manners, by my experience today mountain biking should be outlawed. I took my little dog on a nice pleasant walk, or it was supposed to be. More than once I had to rip my dog from the path so he was not run over by a mountain biker that was riding down the hill with absolutely no control. Also none of the 4 dozen mountain bikers I encountered today gave any warning they were sneaking up behind you. This is a very dangerous walk due to the traffic, again STAY AWAY.

Love the views of some HUGE houses - makes me appreciate how little I need by comparison. Some other great views, too.

Great trail, but there were a lot of bikers when I went early in the morning. Super easy hike though!

Lots of sunshine on this trail. We started early which I'm glad for. There were also quite a few mountain bikers.

great trail, well maintained. runners and mountain bikers share this trail fyi. dog friendly. def out in the open for quite a bit so wear sunscreen. beautiful views. parking lot is huge. go. :)

Caught it during a foggy drizzle my first time here, and it was breathtaking. Definitely bring sunscreen.

The hike is pretty easy, decent views, but the patrollers on the trail are really strict when it comes to dogs off leash- even if on voice command. It's pretty heavily trafficked by Mtn bikers and guided horse tours. Decent during off days, but so many other enjoyable hikes near by.

Muddy but good easy hike!

Fun

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Overall great hike. Took a little over 2 hours. Definitely more moderate to high level difficulty in some places. Beautiful views of Denver as you get to the top. Only negative, there was a lot of bike traffic.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Nice couple hour hike.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Decent enough in summer, looking forward to seeing it in spring.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Took our kids from the parking lot onto the a longhorn trail then Maverick then back by way of Sawmill. It was about a 2.5+/- mile trip with 6 kids ages 4-10yrs. It was a great hike, not too difficult for anyone. A few steep parts but no more than 10yards in distance so it wasn't "constant climbing". Tons of flowers, conifers, and beautiful views of both the valley below and surrounding mountains. Great trip!

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Thousand foot elevation gain or more in the first 2 miles. Rocky narrow trails some tricky areas for horses in steep terrain. Many mountain bikes beautiful views, varied ecological systems to go through. I am rating the whole White Ranch trail system. Many trails bicycles are polite. Shoes a must. Upper parking lot avoids steep hot dry ROCKY acent .

Sunday, August 14, 2016

We took the Belcher Trail the whole way, and it was tough but worth it. Great views, not too crazy busy, and lots of trail options. I'd really like to come back and do the backpacking/camping options in the White Ranch Open Space. Nice trailhead parking lot, make sure to grab a map.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

White Ranch has a nice selection of trails and this day I chose the 5+ mile Rawhide Trail. The valleys, wild flowers and birds of many species are beautiful. You make a long loop so the scenery is constantly changing. I loved it!

Monday, July 11, 2016

There were a ton of mountaim bikers - all super nice and easy going, but we had to get out of the way a lot. At times you couldn't see/hear a biker coming around the corner which made for some close calls.

Otherwise it's a nice hike. It has some great views at the top, but not a good place to stand if you want to lookout but not be in the way.

My favorite part was a quiet little bench close to the beginning that was tucked away in the shade...right next to some running water. We finished our hike by sitting here and sharing a pear...very cool and relaxing!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Nice easy trail – did the Belcher to Longhorn to Whippletree and back out via Belcher loop.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Started in lower lot which was a harder climb but pretty trails. Lots of mountain bikes and trail runners. If you start at upper lot, it's flatter and less difficult.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

You'll enjoy this trail! We arrived at the trailhead at about 7:30 in the morning on a Saturday. There were already about eight cars in the lot. As you cross under the White Ranch sign, you'll pass over a paved private drive to a gate that can be confusing because it makes reference to "private property." Rest assured, this is the direction you want to take. The first third mile of the trail is a nice "warm-up" for what lies ahead. You might begin to wonder why the trail is rated "moderate" until you cross over the pedestrian footbridge. There is a nice creek running beneath the footbridge where your four legged friends can get a drink before heading up the long, steady incline. It's at the footbridge where you'll begin to understand why the trail is rated moderate. I found the trail to be a combination of fine sand, silt, exposed rock and loose rubble. Be ready for surfaces. The scenery is nice and the trail is easy enough for you to take you head up and enjoy the high mountain views. This trail is heavily used by cyclists, but everyone we can across was very friendly. We also passed a horseback party of five. Deer are not uncommon to see. I'm old and in average shape and was able to maintain a 2 mile hour pace.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Excellent trail. Been riding, running and hiking it for over a year.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Beautiful views.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Kinda MEH! Took the Belcher to Maverick and down Longhorn trail which climbs up again at the end to meet Belcher again. Not difficult trail. Views are just meh imho. Overall I found it a boring trail and gets very hot on a sunny day. Saw herd of deer and grouse.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Fun hike.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Great trail! My 7 year old and I did this trail today. It was pretty steep and rocky in areas. We did the loop where we cut over on Longhorn, then Whippletree and back down. Great views. Overall, good trail. Quite a few hikers, horses and bikers. I prefer trails with no bikes however.