West Ridge Trail from Loveland Pass

West Ridge Trail from Loveland Pass is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dillon, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until August. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Outstandingly beautiful trail, but seriously gusty/dangerous winds at the summit. I do not recommend hiking it alone, as I needed to hold on to someone to make sure I was not blown over. Microspikes not needed.

Great views, but make sure you layer up. HEAVY winds and temps below freezing now

Incredible views all the way to the top. It was pretty windy though, so it would probably be a good idea to bring some earmuffs.

Amazing views! The first .5 mile is pretty steep but it levels out after that. Worth every step.

Beautiful views all around! There were some steep inclines, but nothing too hard to make it.

Spectacular views all along this ridge top hike. There's a huff and puff climb from 12k to 12.5k ft in the beginning but it levels off after that. We could see Arapaho Basin and Keystone from the top. It was windy and chilly in August.

Hiked this one yesterday.

I completed this hike in August of 2016 and yes it's a shorter hike but it is still tough! The views are incredible. The mountains seem to go on forever and ever. It wasn't heavily crowded when I was there which was very pleasant and allowed me to take in the scenery along.

Did this hike and Mt Sniktau on the same day and LOVED both hikes. This is definitely the easier of the two but both offered amazing views from different sides of Loveland Pass. I would highly recommend this hike. - Completed July 23 2016

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

A little snow up there on 11/15/2016, but it is in good condition. That will likely change tomorrow, as storms and much colder temps are coming in. Its a beautiful hike from the pass, get there early and during the week if possible, to avoid crowds.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

I love this trail for the majestic views and the fantastic opportunities to observe pikas (my favorite Rocky Mountain critter!). Once you get past the people taking pictures with the continental divide sign, you nearly always have the trail entirely to yourself. It's fun to just set out and go as far as you feel like going on this trail. Nonstop views, great workout, and of course, adorable pikas!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

majestic

Monday, August 22, 2016

Great view good practice to get ready for 14teener

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Beautiful day. Nice trail. Easy for flat landers. Nice views. 80 min RT.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Beautiful wild flowers and stunning views.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Great hike great day. Beautiful views and wild flowers

Monday, May 23, 2016

My brother's an I just completed our hike up to the top to honor our mom's finial wishes, to have her ashes scattered here. She loved it here. Coming from Ga and Fl. I would recommend giving yourself a day or two to get adjusted to the altitude. The first day we arrived and just drove by to take a quick look and I had to stop 3 times just climbing the stairs at the pass due to dizziness and couldn't catch my breath. I hike all the time in GA, THIS is totally different. lol Also bring sunscreen, gloves, water, snacks, and chap stick. It was about 30 degrees and 30-40 mph wind when we went. Still plenty of snow on the ground May 21st. Walking sticks were helpful. The climb was not too bad but for us lowlanders it was the elements and thin air...we just took our time. It took us about 2.5 hrs to reach the top and about 2hrs to get back down. Glad we went, the 360 degree views from the top were absolutely amazing!

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Try to get to the trail head early as parking is limited. Most people only hike the first 1/4 mile due to the increase in elevation. The views throughout the hike are phenomenal. At the end of the trail you look out toward Montezuma and Keystone. Recommend water and sunscreen due to elevation.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Hiked trail Aug 1, 2015. The weather was great! Parking lot very full, but most people don't hike past the first 1/4 mile or so. Great views!