West Ridge Trail from Loveland Pass

West Ridge Trail from Loveland Pass is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Dillon, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until August.

I completed this hike in August of 2016 and yes it's a shorter hike but it is still tough! The views are incredible. The mountains seem to go on forever and ever. It wasn't heavily crowded when I was there which was very pleasant and allowed me to take in the scenery along.

Did this hike and Mt Sniktau on the same day and LOVED both hikes. This is definitely the easier of the two but both offered amazing views from different sides of Loveland Pass. I would highly recommend this hike. - Completed July 23 2016

A little snow up there on 11/15/2016, but it is in good condition. That will likely change tomorrow, as storms and much colder temps are coming in. Its a beautiful hike from the pass, get there early and during the week if possible, to avoid crowds.

I love this trail for the majestic views and the fantastic opportunities to observe pikas (my favorite Rocky Mountain critter!). Once you get past the people taking pictures with the continental divide sign, you nearly always have the trail entirely to yourself. It's fun to just set out and go as far as you feel like going on this trail. Nonstop views, great workout, and of course, adorable pikas!

majestic

Great view good practice to get ready for 14teener

Beautiful day. Nice trail. Easy for flat landers. Nice views. 80 min RT.

Beautiful wild flowers and stunning views.

Great hike great day. Beautiful views and wild flowers

Monday, May 23, 2016

My brother's an I just completed our hike up to the top to honor our mom's finial wishes, to have her ashes scattered here. She loved it here. Coming from Ga and Fl. I would recommend giving yourself a day or two to get adjusted to the altitude. The first day we arrived and just drove by to take a quick look and I had to stop 3 times just climbing the stairs at the pass due to dizziness and couldn't catch my breath. I hike all the time in GA, THIS is totally different. lol Also bring sunscreen, gloves, water, snacks, and chap stick. It was about 30 degrees and 30-40 mph wind when we went. Still plenty of snow on the ground May 21st. Walking sticks were helpful. The climb was not too bad but for us lowlanders it was the elements and thin air...we just took our time. It took us about 2.5 hrs to reach the top and about 2hrs to get back down. Glad we went, the 360 degree views from the top were absolutely amazing!

Saturday, April 09, 2016