Photos of West Creek Falls

Went on Saturday morning, Sept 22, 2018. Arrived at lot around 8AM. There were about 3 cars there already. When leaving, the lot was full with people driving around looking for a place to park. I counted 16 cars total in the full lot. So there is NOT much parking at all.

I did not complete the hike since I only planned on a 2 hour hike total. Wife was waiting in car. I made it almost to the creek at the 1.3 mile point before heading back. I was alone and didn't want to risk falling. The trail was really challenging because of the loose rock on the steep slopes. I tread very carefully to keep from falling. I still managed to fall on the way back and had another near fall. Nothing broken, no harm done. My plastic water bottle in my hiking belt took the brunt of the fall. Without the water bottle, I would have hit my hip on the trail. That's another good reason to carry water!

I did not see any other hikers on this trail. There were lots of people going to Bridal Veil Falls. If I had it to do over again I would go to Bridal Veil Falls instead of this one.

Be sure to use a hiking pole and watch for loose rocks.

FYI I am a 70 year old male using my wife's account.