West Creek Falls

West Creek Falls is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Estes Park, Colorado that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and snowshoeing and is best used from April until November.

Beautiful hike, though I agree with a few of the other posts, the first section is quite tough. After getting through the steep up and downhill section though, maybe a mile and a half, the hike is fairly easy and the falls at the end are amazing. My friend and I were able to scramble up the rocks on the side and ate lunch on a nice flat rock at the top, looking out over the falls. Additionally, we had no trouble with parking though we didn't arrive until noon on Labor Day!

I really enjoyed this trail but it was much more challenging than I expected! I would mark the difficulty as hard! You go up 1400 and then down 1400 on the other side before you reach the river. We only saw a handful of people on the trail, which appears to be much less traveled than others in RMNP. Limited parking but it was easy to get a spot at 8am.

First .7 mile was a doozy, but so worth it. Beautiful trail and views. The waterfalls were amazing. Loved that there weren't a lot of people on the trail too. Very pleasant hike.

exhausting. you go up hill 1400 feet in less than a mile... twice because it's an out and back trail. you will need to take frequent breaks on each uphill portion. the falls are beautiful. the saving grace is the trail cools off considerably on the downhill. not very many people and did not need to pay for parking/park entrance. lovely area but it was much more difficult than I was anticipating.

one of my favorite hikes

Great trail. Initial climb is tough and since it's an out-and-back the final climb is tougher, maybe a bit harder than the first. The meadows are gorgeous. The falls are amazing. In 3+ hours on the trail we saw 2 other hikers so we essentially had it to ourselves.

We ranked this toward the top of our favorite Colorado hikes simply because we were able to hike to a waterfall in RMNP on a weekend in July completely alone! We saw maybe 4 other hiking pairs in the 6 hours we spent out there (small kids, plus we spent well over an hour playing at the icy cold waterfall), and had the waterfall all to ourselves. If you hike in CO at all, you know that doesn't happen! Word of warning: trailhead parking only has 12-14 spots, so come early on a weekend. You'll hike straight up then straight down, but you've done all the work of the hike in the first 60% on the way out - the section after the creek crossing is all flat through lovely wildflower meadows. (Clearly it's a bummer to do all the work in the last 60% of the way back, but you get your car and a/c after that, so you know, it balances out.)

Very pretty from start to finish! I will warn, the 4.4 miles is a LONG 4.4 miles. A great trail if you enjoy peace and quiet, only one other couple was on at the same time as us. Went at right about 12.

Waterfall at the end made the hall worth it. The peak is actually about 1/3 of the way to the end of the trail, not really much to see as it's not as high as the surrounding areas. Once you head down the other side there is very beautiful greenery and a winding path down the mountain. Once you hit the stream at the bottom you are half way there. Keep going. Relatively nice and straight walk compared to the pretty steep climb both up and down. Signs are a little misleading, you take Cow Creek trail just till you reach North Boundary Trail. You follow that all the way past the bridge in the stream and a little ways down you'll see a sign for the West Creek Falls Trail. You'd already be walking along side the river at that point so you won't get lost.

Overall I loved the hike due to the difficulty, my mother and sister spent a bit more time resting on the way up. Took us an average of 3.30 minutes.

I'm a bit confused on the coordinates that are provided for this hike. The location provided took me to cow creek trail head. After you follow that in for about a mile you have the option to continue straight to bridal veil falls NOT west creek falls. I didn't head that way because I wanted a longer hike so we went left to Gem lake which was another 4 miles in. Overall it was still a fun experience. Unless west creek falls is past bridal veil falls, or they are referred to as the same name the directions for this hike lead me to a different tail head. There wasn't a single marker for west creek falls so if someone knows where I went wrong please let me know

Beautiful hike! We were the only ones on the trail. It took us an hour and 15 minutes to get to the falls where we climbed to the top and had lunch. The uphills were moderate to difficult, but highly recommend this hike!