Well Gulch Natural Trail

Well Gulch Natural Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bellvue, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wildflowers and riparian ecosystem line this plush 1.4 mile trail. A self-guided nature tour takes you through the meadow, mountain shrub, Douglas fir, and ponderosa ecosystems, with stations along the way illustrating botany, geology and animal life in Lory State Park. For those looking for a longer hike, the trail branches off into the Timber and Overlook Trails.

Nice mix of timber, stream, rocks and long views of meadows and horsetooth reservoir. Not too much traffic. Park facilities nearby if needed. Pair it with another trail in Lory for a good day. Will return.

My husband and I hiked here on our anniversary 5/21 and it was a nice trail, but a bit muddy and icy depending on the elevation. Some down trees we had to navigate around in icy areas. Beautiful views.

Diverse, great for kids, views near the end, lots of wildlife. Perfect family hike!

With snow and a toddler, it's not that easy.

This was our first with my 4yo and it was absolutely perfect. The trail was easy to maneuver and clearly marked. It is the perfect distance for an active little person. Right at about 100 yards from the car he said he was tired. It was a great day!

Very nice trail, nobody was there today. Short and diverse with beautiful pines.

An easy hike on a pretty smooth trail. a couple of steam crossings. was glad I had my pole with me for balance. I'll be back to run this trail for sure.
this app says dogs must be on leash, but others we met said they can be off leash if they follow voice commands. a lot of dogs were off leash. beware.

A beautiful, easy hike

Gorgeous views. Trail pretty icy.

Beautiful in the snow

This trail was a blast! There's a pretty steep incline on the way out that makes for a great work out and the views make it totally worth it. This trail is also way less packed than some of the others in Lory. Definitely a great choice!

We have a 12 year old and 4 month old pup... this was perfect for both levels of dog! :) Definitely icy in places, but it's February in Colorado. Even if the 62 degree temperature makes you forget that. Great views and amazingly quiet and secluded.

Very pleasant hike, mild and easy. Fun to hike into a gulch area, we did this in late November but I bet it'd be fun in Spring when everything is growing and coming back to life!