Waterton Canyon Trail

Waterton Canyon Trail is a 12.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Littleton, Colorado that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

fly fishing

NOTE: Dogs are not allowed in order to protect the bighorn sheep herds.

Not my kind of hike. To me, hiking involves mountains, trees, elevation gain, and some peace. To me, walking down a hot, dry, long dirt road is what you do when you run out of gas not getting back to nature. The two stars are because I saw some mountain goats, and they were adorable.

Next time on a bike, or in cooler weather. The wide open road really holds the heat.

not a lot of shade suggest starting really early and have water.

Nice, wide dirt trail that meanders through the canyon and follows the river. We walked about 4 miles before we saw a bunch of big horn sheep. If you walk all the way to the end it leads to a big dam. Easy hike for all ages since the trail it is flat and smooth the entire way. No shade, recommend starting early in the day before it gets too hot. There are several homes along the trail so be cautious of oncoming cars. No dogs allowed (to protect the wildlife in the area).

This is a great trail to see some bighorn sheep! We've almost always gotten some close encounters when we visit this area.
If you're looking for a true hike- I don't think this is it. It's a stone road that gets vehicles driving. The sights aside from the sheep aren't that great. Plus it's ALL sun so be prepared

Beautiful run. Nice wide, groomed dirt road that is well-taken care of. Lots of wildlife. I can't wait to go back.

very easy, wide road trail with the river running beside it

walking through the canyon with mountains on each side