Watershed North Trail

Watershed North Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Evergreen, Colorado that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: Trail is CLOSED during the winter months. No dogs allowed in the water.

Cool hike to the watershed. Some good views. Not a very strenuous hike.

Would have given it more stars except a group of *obnoxious* drunks down by the water edge yelling “FUCK YOU” and “I Don’t care” and “Dogs!!!” Across the water repeatedly. In fact the group did not shut up and were rudely yelling at other hikers across the water causing their dogs to bark back at them across the water.

Again I feel people that don’t understand hiking etiquette are literally ruining people’s experiences. I had to put headphones on to drown out the noise and yelling and obscenities. But I’m not out there to be forced to listen to music. I’m out there to hear **nothing** maybe birds and the wind. There are other hikers out there who travel from the city to escape people like that and yet these people are up there with absolutely no regard for anyone else. Selfish. Never witnessed such rude behavior on a trail before...ever.

Also saw people and dogs swimming in the drinking water, which I’m pretty sure is **prohibited**

Spotted a medium size black and brown dog with out a collar about 10-15 min from the trailhead. Seemed to be well fed, but quite dirty.

Is it acceptable to go for a swim to cool down during the hike in the lake?

Great hike for a leisurely walk. Not a lot of elevation gain but enough to make you breathe a little harder. The area down around the water is really pretty. Dogs not allowed in. I saw some people with horses this day. Looked fun! 4/28/18

Friday, July 07, 2017

Easy and beautiful but it was a longer hike than I anticipated. We went on a Thursday and only saw one jogger and a woman with about 7 dogs (most were off leash). We had our dogs too but didn't really appreciate that her group was running free.
There were a few uphill stretches which had me huffing and puffing but it was my first hike of the summer after a 2 month illness so I wasn't really in shape.
Totally worth it! We are definitely planning to go again.
Ps. Take a lot of water. The dogs drank a lot too!

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Pretty close to the city which is a good thing. Average hike with decent views. It's also not very crowded which is good

Monday, June 26, 2017

Be careful at the trailhead as the starting point is listed here off chase drive but you will want to go down pat creek road to access the trail. The hike itself was nice but the residents in the area were extremely unpleasant

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Nice easy hike with a rewarding view of the lake from above (about midway to the lake), also beautiful at lake level. Took us approximately 2 1/2 hours out and back.

Friday, June 23, 2017

I hiked from the upper lot to lake. Its not well marked but its not an overly confusing trail where you could figure out which way to get to the lake. I found the trail to be busier then my liking. Lots of families and dogs, probably the most dogs I've ever seen on a trail but its a pretty wide dirt road so there is room. I went on Mothers Day so maybe that's why it was so busy? Its was an ok hike but wasn't overly impressed with it.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Decent hike, not much up and down until getting close to the reservoir. Perfect for the pooch and very uncrowded.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Not a bad trail. Not a lot of people and taking a break by the lake is nice. Trail is not well marked, we had to guess how to get to the trail head. Also, there's an upper trail by the lake to actually make it a loop trail and it's a little more shaded. Overall, it's a good hike.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

One of the best, simple day hikes I've been on this year. Gorgeous Aspen trees and scenery. Not too crowded. Would definitely go again!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Nice short hike close to Denver. Dirt road on the way up was in great shape. A few steady climbs there and back but nothing too strenuous. The hike is along a forest road and is pretty exposed with not much shade. The hike down looking at the lake is nice. No snow top views but you are surrounded by pine covered hills. Fairly secluded once you get past the trail entrance although there is road noise as you get closer to the lake. Walk around the lake. There are several trails and some great places to stop for lunch. Close to Denver and not too busy make this worth adding to the list.

Monday, March 20, 2017

I would not call the dirt road to this trailhead rough if you have any experience driving dirt roads. We had the place to ourselves on a pretty Sunday afternoon! Great views, you can see the pond from above as you come down the trail which was really neat. Not too far from Denver but still off the beaten path, we'll be back!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

small parking lot off rough gravel road.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

awesome trail close to denver and a little bit off the beaten path. Easy to hike, nice little pond, not crowded.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

My husband and I went on a Saturday afternoon and there was hardly anyone on the trail! You don't need to pay to use the trail or park but the parking area is very tiny. The trail is basically nestled within a lot of houses. Once you get on the trail you get far from the houses though. This was a beautiful hime with great photos every where you looked! The only downfall of this hike is that it comes to a reservoir which you can't swim in which also means no dogs allowed in the water.

Monday, July 11, 2016

great hike, amazing scenery!! was kind of bummed out when we got to the reservoir to only be turned around by some gentlemen prepping for big renovation project planned from now until next summer.
they said the reservoir would be closed to the public for the remainder of the season and should be re-opened next season.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great trail! Easy with beautiful scenery

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Loved this trail. Very beautiful scenery with panoramic mountain views and the reservoir. Would definitely hike this again.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Mostly an old logging road. Unfortunately there was lots of machinery noise working by the lake. Still.. Fairly pretty and great scenery.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

We went very early on a Tuesday morning and only saw a few people along the way. A little less than 3 hours and that was with stopping at the lake for a bit. It was a fairly simple hike with only a couple of inclines. Very pretty and we really enjoyed it.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

not alot of foot traffic. more of a service road. nice

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Great trail! Close to Denver and easy terrain!! Beautiful!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Wanted an easy afternoon hike with our dogs and this trail was perfect. Once we made it to the lake we hung our hammocks, read and relaxed. We'll definitely be back again.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Great meadows of wildflowers, lots of open spaces and a pretty lake in the middle. It's a little hard to find the trailhead; you'll go along a dirt road for a few miles until you come to a small vertical sign showing the road where the trailhead is. You can pull off to the side of the road and park; no lot that we could fine. We went on a Wednesday and only ran into 3 other groups hikers during our hike. Very fun! :)

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A great adventure! When parking, look for small signs indicating the trail.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Nice relaxing hike

Monday, May 30, 2016

Fun! My dog loved it!!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Super-fun. Very scenic. My dogs loved it.